Proxying OWA (Exchange 2000) with Apache 2.0

Proxying OWA (Exchange 2000) with Apache 2.0

Post by Fa » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 06:38:21

Hello,

I really need your help here. This is the scenario:
I have a brand new exchange 2000 server with installed OWA behind a
firewall in the trusted internal network.
In the DMZ I have linux Red Hat 7.2 + Apache 2.0.40 running as a web
server and as proxy server.
To communicate with OWA on the other side of the FW, I use the port
8181 that is mapped to 10.0.0.3 port 80 in the internal side.

Now...
I used to be able to proxy OWA 5.5 using just

ProxyPass / http://192.168.0.1:8181/
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.0.1:8181/

but now this seems not working with OWA 2000. When I use apache to
access OWA after the successfull authenthication I receive a page with
two frames, but the frames are empty. this is anyway part of the page
I got back:

<!--Copyright (c) 2000-2001 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights
reserved.-->
<!--CURRENT FILE== "IE5" "WIN32" frameset -->
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=utf-8">
<HTML>
        <TITLE>Microsoft Outlook Web Access</TITLE>
        <HEAD>
                <BASE href="http://192.168.0.1/exchange/User/">

        </HEAD>
... etc. So Why is the port missing?

I hope somebody can help me.
Thanks in Advance.

Proxying OWA (Exchange 2000) with Apache 2.0

Post by Moldy » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:17:29

I am having the same problem and would welcome any information on how to fix this.

Thank you,
Larry Mulder

> Hello,

> I really need your help here. This is the scenario:
> I have a brand new exchange 2000 server with installed OWA behind a
> firewall in the trusted internal network.
> In the DMZ I have linux Red Hat 7.2 + Apache 2.0.40 running as a web
> server and as proxy server.
> To communicate with OWA on the other side of the FW, I use the port
> 8181 that is mapped to 10.0.0.3 port 80 in the internal side.

> Now...
> I used to be able to proxy OWA 5.5 using just

> ProxyPass / http://192.168.0.1:8181/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.0.1:8181/

> but now this seems not working with OWA 2000. When I use apache to
> access OWA after the successfull authenthication I receive a page with
> two frames, but the frames are empty. this is anyway part of the page
> I got back:

> <!--Copyright (c) 2000-2001 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights
> reserved.-->
> <!--CURRENT FILE== "IE5" "WIN32" frameset -->
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=utf-8">
> <HTML>
>    <TITLE>Microsoft Outlook Web Access</TITLE>
>    <HEAD>
>            <BASE href="http://192.168.0.1/exchange/User/">

>    </HEAD>
> ... etc. So Why is the port missing?

> I hope somebody can help me.
> Thanks in Advance.

1. Exhange 2000 OWA behind Apache server

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup the following configuration:

Internet ---> Nat/Iptables FW --> Apache (virtual server) --> Exchange OWA

The Nat+Iptables FW works correctly, whenever i access http://www.foo.com i
get the Apache server, both HTTP or SSL
On the lan, Exchange server  OWA works right,

I'm trying to set a virtal server http://owa.foo.com which is redirected to
Owa Server which is name on local lan exhange.home

I've set up a virtual server in apache as :
<VirtualHost *>
ProxyRequests On
ServerName owa.foo.com
ProxyPass / http://exchange.home/exchange/
ProxyPassReverse / http://exchange.home/exchange/
ProxyPassReverse / https://exchange.home/exchange/
</VirtualHost>

Event tried to add :
RewriteEngine On
RewriteLog /var/log/httpd/rewrite.log
RewriteRule http://exchange\.home/(.*) http://owa.foo.com/$1
RewriteRule https://exchange\.home/(.*) https://owa.foo.com/$1

And here are the symptoms :
When i connect from the internet to http://owa.foo.com i have to
authenticate to exchange server through a popup box, which is correct. But
then i've got the two frames appearing, but IE is looking for
http://exchange.home/exchange something instead of owa.foo.com !

Could anyone help with this case? - A mail copy of the answers would be
appreciated!

Thanks by advance
N.M
France

2. Mouse doesn`t work in textmode

3. MS patches Exchange 2000 email spy bug

4. How to break connection shown in netstat

5. Replace MS Exchange 2000

6. Howto: restrict which users can access system via telnet?

7. Fully-qualified fontnames to aliases? How?

8. Thought: KMail Hook To Exchange Server 2000

9. Korganizer Exchange 2000 plugin

10. Replace MS Exchange 2000

11. SunForum 3.0 and Microsoft Exchange 2000 Conference Server

12. Apache with access control vs proxy (Not apache AS proxy)