Allow URL only for a range of IP address

Allow URL only for a range of IP address

Post by Jose Megi » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 23:09:06

Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to limit the access to an
URL for a range of IP address. For example I want that people for the
network 172.16 only can connect to some URLs but the people of other
networks can connect to everything. Does it possible?.

     Thanks in advance.

Post by Joshua Sli » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 10:12:42

> Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to limit the access to an
> URL for a range of IP address. For example I want that people for the
> network 172.16 only can connect to some URLs but the people of other
> networks can connect to everything. Does it possible?.

Sure.
See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_access.html

Post by Jose Megi » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 22:22:05

> > Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to limit the access to an
> > URL for a range of IP address. For example I want that people for the
> > network 172.16 only can connect to some URLs but the people of other
> > networks can connect to everything. Does it possible?.

> Sure.
> See:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_access.html

Hello I've looked the documentation about mod_access but it seems that
my trouble it's not resolve. I've resolved using squid (having several
acls to apply for each network) but I would like to continue using
apache. Is it possible using virtualhost?, for example I have that
network 10 only can access to www.abc.com and www.def.com but the
other network (for example 172.16) can access without limit, could
someone give me an example for this?.

Greetings.

1. How to allow access from a range of ip address in /etc/hosts.allow

Hi

I am newbie in linux networking.
My linux box is in network 212.1.2.128/25.
I want to allow some of ip addresses below to open
connection to my server (telnet, etc).
  212.1.2.192 - 212.1.2.212
Then how make a rule in /etc/hosts.allow ?
So far I made this rule:
  ALL:212.1.2.192/27
But the others (212.1.2.213-254) will be welcomed too :-(

TIA

~yudi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. StarOffice Crashes X and kernel - Help

3. Allowing a range of IP address?

4. CPAN.pm and mod_perl with Apache

5. Allowing IP Range in hosts.allow

6. Conversion between IP addresses (string and long int)

7. How to exclude single ip-address form ip range?

8. Periodic table for SPARC 20

9. IPFW for blocking ip range(in URL format)

10. disable / enable ip-range to allow acces to apache

11. spec. an ip addre range in hosts.allow?

12. Can you have a range of IP Addresses in httpd.conf?

13. How to assign a IP address range to an interface ?