web access to oracle DB

1. Apache/WinNT: Oracle DB of usernames to authenticate Website access

Hey, all:
I need to know how to get Apache's authenticate modules to look at a
table in my Oracle db for username/password, *instead* of using
.htaccess files. I quote this from the O'Reilly book "Apache:the
Definitive Guide" 2nd ed., (by Ben & Peter Laurie), p. 113:
"You can also use an SQL database, employing MySQL or a third-party
package to manage it [, the list of users and groups]."
That's it. In fact, that is the only mention of this capability I have
found ANYWHERE in any documentation or on any Usenet discussion group.
I know it's possible, how do I do it?
Even if someone can just tell me what book to look in or what Website to
peruse, that'd be great!
Thanks!
--
| |\ /\ ---------------------------------------*

\/ |/ \/ Johns Hopkins University * Baltimore, MD

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Where can I find 802.3 specs?

3. Accessing an Oracle DB from Linux

4. [OT} "everyone knows Windows 2000 sucks"

5. Accessing ORACLE DB from Linux with TCL

6. alloca in Solaris 2.3, where?

7. Web access/security software w/ db integration under AIX?

8. Internet time clock programs?

9. Web access/security software w/ db integration under UNIX?

10. Web access/security software w/ db integration under BSD?

11. Access to Oracle from UNIX Web server

12. Accessing Oracle through Web

13. Cross Platform Web to DB Connectivity using Web+