Need someone to set up and run unix www server and mail.

Need someone to set up and run unix www server and mail.

Post by Robert Mitchel » Sat, 19 Sep 1998 04:00:00

We have a UNIX box that runs homepages and is supposed to run our mail. The
person that was to administer it is no longer with the company so, we now
need someone that can mantain the software and usernames.

THIS IS NOT A FREE THING !

We are willing to pay someone or trade space on the server or whatever to do
this.

You can contact me at :

Robert Mitchell
AAA Communications

phone:    843 767-2337
pager :    843 767-6369

Thanks in advance for the help,
robert...

Need someone to set up and run unix www server and mail.

Post by Simon Broo » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> We have a UNIX box that runs homepages and is supposed to run our mail. The
> person that was to administer it is no longer with the company so, we now
> need someone that can mantain the software and usernames.

> THIS IS NOT A FREE THING !

> We are willing to pay someone or trade space on the server or whatever to do
> this.

You would be much better advised, in my opinion, to buy a good primer
on system administration (O'Reilly sell such things at
http://www.ora.com/) and learn to do it yourself. Contrary to
widespread opinion, UN*X administration is not hard, it just takes a
little care and discipline. On the other hand there are a lot of
untrustworthy people out here on the net, and putting someone you
don't know in charge of your box would seem very unwise.

--

        The trouble with Simon is that he only opens his mouth to change feet.
                                        ;; of me, by a 'friend'