Apache .conf vs. NCSA httpd .conf

Post by Otis Gospodnet » Thu, 22 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm pretty sure something like

ResourceConfig /usr/var/www/conf/some-host_srm.conf

is a valid option in the <VirtualHost> section in httpd.conf (I think)
under NCSA httpd 1.5a, but I was wondering if something similar is
available under Apache (1.0.0) ?

If it is not then all the virtual domains have to use the same setup,
which kind of sucks....
is it possible to have separate .conf files for each virtual domain like
it is possible with NCSA httpd, as shown above ?

Thanks !

Otis Gospodnetic

--

Information Technology Services
Middlebury College

Post by Mark Co » Tue, 27 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> ResourceConfig /usr/var/www/conf/some-host_srm.conf

> is a valid option in the <VirtualHost> section in httpd.conf (I think)
> under NCSA httpd 1.5a, but I was wondering if something similar is
> available under Apache (1.0.0) ?

Yes, the syntax is identical, here is a section from a httpd.conf

        <VirtualHost 143.53.48.55>
        ResourceConfig conf/www.telescope.org.conf
        </VirtualHost>
--
Mark
Mark Cox, Technical Director, UK Web ------ http://www.ukweb.com/~mark/

1. APACHE httpd.conf vs. httpsd.conf HELP !!!1

Hello !
I'm running apche 1.3 on FreeBSD  with PHP4.04 ,.... but now, I'm upgrading
my PHP to PHP4.0.6.... but during the install time , I got the following
error :
"
cp libs/libphp4.so /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so
chmod 755 /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so
apxs:Error: Config file /usr/local/etc/apache/httpsd.conf not found
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4/work/php-4.0.6.
*** Error code 1
"
Ok ... But, my current version of APACHE is using "httpd.conf:"  as config
file .....and there exit in my apache directory a  file
"/usr/local/etc/apache/httpsd.conf.default"  that I could rename in
"https.conf "... but my question is :
why is PHP asking for httpsd.conf ? Is Apache going to use both of the
config files or .....?
what should I do ?
Thanks in advance ....

Thanks ...

Arcad/

2. Powerful New Security Feature Enables Users to Perform Secure EDI over the Internet

3. Can I define srm.conf, access.conf in httpd.conf ?

4. Ultra160 drives

5. Test httpd.conf setup - using variables in httpd.conf

6. Q: ModeLines for EIZO T562-T92 needed

7. translator from CERN httpd configuration rules to Apache httpd conf?

8. ISDN2Modem

9. ScriptAlias in httpd.conf versus srm.conf

10. APACHE 1.1.1 httpd.conf and the "httpd -f ..." option

11. including other conf files in httpd.conf

12. obj.conf to httpd.conf

13. make.conf, kernel.conf, world.conf?