Apache SSI Linux Mandrake 6.1

Post by Nolen Johnso » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I've got SSI working on my Linux box, but I've got a problem.
if I use <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/prog.cgi"--> everything
works fine.

But if I use <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/prog.cgi?[parameter]"-->
then I get the following error    invalid CGI ref
"/cgi-bin/prog.cgi?[parameter]"

I have used this form before under Windows with Xitami Web server and
all went well but Apache is reporting an error involved with the format
of
the SSI #exec directive.

If there is something I'm overlooking I'd appreciate advice or pointers
to FAQs
If this is normal for Apache then I'd appreciate to know that too as I
will not use this SSI form in the future.

TIA

Post by Joshua Sliv » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Hi
> I've got SSI working on my Linux box, but I've got a problem.
> if I use <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/prog.cgi"--> everything
> works fine.
> But if I use <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/prog.cgi?[parameter]"-->
> then I get the following error    invalid CGI ref
> "/cgi-bin/prog.cgi?[parameter]"
> I have used this form before under Windows with Xitami Web server and
> all went well but Apache is reporting an error involved with the format
> of
> the SSI #exec directive.
> If there is something I'm overlooking I'd appreciate advice or pointers
> to FAQs
> If this is normal for Apache then I'd appreciate to know that too as I
> will not use this SSI form in the future.

Read http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_include.html As this says,
#exec cgi passes the query string from the original request.  Also
consider using the preferred #include virtual instead of #exec cgi.

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/