apache + mod_perl + freebsd problem

1. FreeBSD 3.3, FIC VA503+, AMD K6-III, mod_perl, and apache

This is about FreeBSD 3.3 but it takes a while to get there.

Well, I just got some new hardware and was excited about installing
the latest FreeBSD release.  The only catch is that memory prices
skyrocked and I could not afford the PC-100 RAM that I wanted.

I installed 128MB of 60ns EDO Simms but was having various problems
and I had to clock down the processor in order to get the system to
run stable.  At least I thought it was stable.

I downloaded the iso image of 3.3-Release and installed it just fine.
I compiled apache for a test of stability and everything went well.
I then backed up and tried to build mod_perl and apache together but
got errors in the configure step.  Thinking this was hardware related
I clocked the precessor even slower.  Next time the errors occured
during the make.  I did a clean install of 3.3 again at the slower
clock speed but mod_perl and apache would not build.  The compiler
would halt with different errors each time I tried.

Next I was able to dig up some 128MB EDO ECC DIMMs and went though
the whole process again.  Still, mod_perl would not build.

Finally I decided for some reason to go back to FreeBSD 3.2 and give
it a try.  The bottom line is that with 3.2 and my hardware running
at full speed I have a stable system and mod_perl builds without
a hitch.

Either the iso image or CD copy is bad or there are major problems
with FreeBSD 3.3

Has anyone else experienced problems like this with 3.3?

John

2. Ouch.. Two monitors? and ...

3. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache

4. How does File Manger work?(Automatic Directory Update..)

5. FreeBSD, Apache, mod_perl guru needed

6. Asus SC200 / NCR 810 kills my /usr-Partition

7. Apache::DBI, DBI, mod_perl, apache segfault

8. exit doesn't(?) flush all buffers!

9. Apache with FrontPage 2000 Extensions, mod_perl, Apache::ASP, Raven SSL

10. Apache+PHP+mod_perl configures ok, but Apache won't build

11. mod_perl 1.15 and apache 1.3.2 compile/installation problems

12. problem/bug with path_info in an mod_perl Apache module

13. Problems compiling Apache with Openssl, mod_ssl, mod_perl