Apache 1.3.3 and Jserv: installation problems

Post by Marc Slemk » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>I did not have any problems in installing  Jserv0.9.11 with Apache 1.3.0 (on
>Solaris 2.6)
>I upgraded to Apache 1.3.3 and I am trying to install Jserv again but for some
>reason it is not getting included in httpd.
>In src/Configuraton I have the line,
>AddModule modules/extra/mod_jserv.o
>I copied the file mod_jserv.c to src/modules/extra
>I executed "configure --prefix=/home/web/apache"
>But httpd still doesn't have mod_jserv :-( What am I doing wrong???

Please read the README.configure file.  It makes it quite clear that
you can NOT edit the Configuration file if you want to use configure.
If you want to use Configure, which has worked fine for a long time and
still works just fine, then you edit the Configuration file.

If you want to use configure, you have to pass it everything on the
command line.

Post by Marc Slemk » Sat, 31 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>> Please read the README.configure file.  It makes it quite clear that
>> you can NOT edit the Configuration file if you want to use configure.
>> If you want to use Configure, which has worked fine for a long time and
>> still works just fine, then you edit the Configuration file.

>> If you want to use configure, you have to pass it everything on the
>> command line.

>thanks, it worked. In Jserv's README I have,
>Under Apache 1.3.x:
>   Copy mod_jserv.c into your Apache src/modules/extra/ directory.  Add the
>   AddModule line below to your Apache "Configuration" file:
>   AddModule modules/extra/mod_jserv.o
>Run Configure to create a new Makefile, then recompile Apache.
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No.

As I said above, you edit Configuration if you use Configure.

If you use configure you don't.

1. Apache Jserv installation problem on AIX 4.3.3

Hi All...

Is there a known problem on configure ApacheJServ-1.1.2 binary distribution?

The configure option "--with-jdk-home=/.../.." does not find the java
binary.

The ./configure error message is:
    checking java... configure: error: java binary not found in
/usr/java_dev2/bin
for option:
    --with-jdk-home=/usr/java_dev2/bin

and
    checking java... configure: error: java binary not found in
/usr/java_dev2
for option:
    --with-jdk-home=/usr/java_dev2

My java home is /usr/java_dev2. Without setting the java-home option
configure also does not detect
java. (Its in the $PATH)

Help would be GREAT!!

ciao
Georg

2. ?'s about putting Redhat Linux 4.x or 5.x on my system

3. Problems adding Apache JServ module to Apache Web Server as a Dynamic Shared Object

4. Linux French-Unofficial Logo.

5. Apache Jserv installation wierdness

6. firewall/ssh problems

7. Apache JServ Installation error messages

8. WordPerfect crashes on Demo documents!!

9. Apache and Jserv Installation

10. redhat newbie: apache jserv installation

11. Help needed JSERV Installation / error compiling apache

12. apache jserv installation help