Apache Jserv installation wierdness

Post by Mark Fain » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Ok, I decided to start over from scratch and try to install Apache Jserv
correctly.

I cannot get it to configure,

This is the problem:

checking JSDK... test: argument expected
configure: error: no javax.servlet.Servlet class or jar with it in
/usr/local/jsdk/lib

But it is there, I can't explain this one.

See :

trs{root}495: ls /usr/local/jsdk/lib
jsdk.jar

if you open this file up  in winzip it contains the file Servlet.class in
the directory /javax/servlet/ (among other files)

So what gives?

-Mark

Apache Jserv installation wierdness

Post by 2muchcoffee.. » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

make sure that you change the permissions on all your .jar files.  If
this does not work, change your /etc/profile file to include the
following line:

export CLASSPATH=/usr/local/JSDK2.0/lib/jsdk.jar:$CLASSPATH

Quote:> Ok, I decided to start over from scratch and try to install Apache
Jserv
> correctly.

> I cannot get it to configure,

> This is the problem:

> checking JSDK... test: argument expected
> configure: error: no javax.servlet.Servlet class or jar with it in
> /usr/local/jsdk/lib

> But it is there, I can't explain this one.

> See :

> trs{root}495: ls /usr/local/jsdk/lib
> jsdk.jar

> if you open this file up  in winzip it contains the file
Servlet.class in
> the directory /javax/servlet/ (among other files)

> So what gives?

> -Mark

I used to think that the brain was the most
interesting part of the body, then I thought,
who's telling me that.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Apache JServ Installation error messages

Hello,

I installed Apache 1.3.9 and the JServ 1.0 module and things worked
great - until I started moving things around.  I wanted all the conf
files to be in the conf directory and all the logs to be in the logs
directory.  Makes sense?

Well at some point along the way, it quit working and it's giiving me
error messages that I don't understand.  Could someone tell me what
these mean?

These errors happening right when I run the httpd program and the web
server will not even start.

If I change the ApJServManual setting to on then start up the JVM
manually, things work.  This happens when the ApJServManual setting os
Off.

Thanks
Jay

In the error_log file:
[Sun Dec  5 11:19:15 1999] [crit] (2)No such file or directory: Apache
JServ enc
ountered a fatal error; check your ApJServLogFile for details if none
are presen
t in this file.  Exiting.

In the mod_jserv.log file:
[05/12/1999 11:19:15:413] (ERROR) an error returned initializing
protocol "wrapper"
[05/12/1999 11:19:15:414] (ERROR) in init all protocols "wrapper"
returned an error
[05/12/1999 11:19:15:414] (EMERGENCY) Error initializing protocols

2. CD Driver

3. Apache and Jserv Installation

4. Last run time of programms.

5. Apache 1.3.3 and Jserv: installation problems

6. available memory on solaris 2.5.1

7. redhat newbie: apache jserv installation

8. home directories

9. Apache Jserv installation problem on AIX 4.3.3

10. Help needed JSERV Installation / error compiling apache

11. apache jserv installation help

12. Apache Jserv / java servlets under FreeBSD Apache