Apache 1.2.6 cannot open dbm file for authentication

Apache 1.2.6 cannot open dbm file for authentication

Post by Mark Stie » Sun, 31 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I've got another problem:

my Apache (linux) compilation and installation rejects any authentication
(DBM user xxx not found) because it cannot open the dbm file (previously it
was able to) -- well, it is there (-rwxrwxrwx) and all pathnames and
filenames are correct... it just cannot open it. I read somewhere that the
(g)dbm files are being locked if a process reads (or write?) them. Could it
be that I somewhen stopped a task and it didn't remove the lock? (dbmmanage
works...)

I'm using the basic authentication method (no SSL or Digest).

What the hell is going on here?

Thx, Mark