VirtualHost enabled causes Apache to crash Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

VirtualHost enabled causes Apache to crash Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Post by David Schlusse » Tue, 18 May 1999 04:00:00

This is for Apache/1.3.4-dev = IBM_HTTP_Server/1.3.3 running on Solaris.

This problem is baffling me.  When I try to turn on the third
(172.16.3.66) host, Apache starts up only if i comment out the
DocumentRoot directive in the <VirtualHost 172.16.3.66:80> section.
(Of course I can't connect to anything because it doesn't have a
document root.

When I uncomment that line, Apache crashes within seconds without
writing anything to the screen or to the log file.

When the line is commented out, the server responds to that IP address
with the default droot directory (/u1/ICE/torst/www/droot), that only
the .64 address should be serving.

the relevant stuff in the httpd.conf is...

Listen 172.16.3.64:80
Listen 172.16.3.66:80
Listen 172.16.3.64:443

<Directory /u1/ICE/torst/www/droot>
Options FollowSymLinks Includes
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /u1/ICE/torst/www/droot2>
Options FollowSymLinks Includes
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /u1/ICE/torst/www/droot-secure>
Options FollowSymLinks Includes
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

<VirtualHost 172.16.3.66:80>
ServerName torst2-beta.instantobjects.com
#DocumentRoot /u1/ICE/torst/www/droot2/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 172.16.3.64:443>
DocumentRoot /u1/ICE/torst/www/droot-secure/
ServerName torst-beta.eci-ice.com
SSLEnable
SSLServerCert  torstkey
SSLClientAuth   0
ErrorLog var/log/torst-ssl-error_log
TransferLog var/log/torst-ssl-access_log
</VirtualHost>

---

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

David

1. COMMERCIAL: Drivers v1.0.7 for LML33 cards available Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

New drivers v1.0.7 are available for download from the regular URL
http://linuxmedialabs.com/lml33src

Improvements compared to 0.3 version are:
 - Tcl not needed (but still can be used to control the card)
 - Support for both D1 and CIF resolutions (720x480i and 360x240)
 - Nasty bug that prevented switch from read() to write() operation
   fixed
 - Single frame mode works as expected now
 - Preliminary support for video overlays
 - ioctls and insmod option to select compression ratio and video stream

All drivers and software developed by Linux Media Labs are licensed
under
GNU GPL. Check our programs jpegdump, riffdump and avidump that produce
human readable form of these formats. We'll appreciate any feedback,
especially for AVI.

Linux Media Labs also manufactures full motion video capture/playback
hardware motion JPEG board LML33. Board hardware is fully open, which is

ideal for linux fans, educational institutions and system integretors.
Applications are - teleconferencing, video capture, scientific
visualization, web-cams and security monitoring. Please check
http://linuxmedialabs.com

#------------------------------------#
| Linux Media Labs LLC                  |  Vassili Leonov
#------------------------------------#

phone:1-719-231-3173

2. Pascal indenting ?. How with Xemacs ?

3. Dedicated Linux Employment Site Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

4. Hung open sockets with 45k waiting to send

5. serial_cs with devfs

6. XSETIATHOME DOESN'T WORK Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed

7. accessing menu commands in emacs on terminal

8. IDE CD-RW drive and SCSI host emulation Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

9. lpr: connect: Connection refused Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

10. konsole_grantpty not installed root-suid Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

11. Boot up error (maybe with LILO) Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

12. Quad Fast ethernet issues Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii