Virtual Host Help needed !

Post by Myrddi » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hello !

I would like to offer someone a to have a virtual host on my server. So
that there are two names for the same server.

InterNIC says that they need a new IP adress for the new name. How can I
do that ?

I am using Linux 2.0.0 with apache 1.0.5

Thank You for Your help !

Michael

Virtual Host Help needed !

Post by Nathan V Patwardh » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

: InterNIC says that they need a new IP adress for the new name. How can I
: do that ?

Check out: http://www.qosina.com/~awm/apache/index.html

There are a couple of pages about virtual IPs, which I think is what you
are looking for.

HTH

Nate

Virtual Host Help needed !

Post by Phon » Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:00:00

request a new IP from you provider

> Hello !

> I would like to offer someone a to have a virtual host on my server. So
> that there are two names for the same server.

> InterNIC says that they need a new IP adress for the new name. How can I
> do that ?

> I am using Linux 2.0.0 with apache 1.0.5

> Thank You for Your help !

> Michael

Virtual Host Help needed !

Post by Rick Per » Thu, 19 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>request a new IP from you provider

>> I would like to offer someone a to have a virtual host on my server. So
>> that there are two names for the same server.

>> InterNIC says that they need a new IP adress for the new name. How can I
>> do that ?

The Apache server, v1.1.1, seems to be able to do this without having
separate IP's for each virtual host.  See www.apache.org.  I have done this
here and it seems to be working.  I say "seems" so much because there are
some warnings in the documentation about this only working for modern Web
browsers which provide the necessary info to the server, and I have only
tested this with such browsers.

1. Virtual hosts help needed!

Hi all!

Trying to set up virtual hosts. I've onny got one IP.

I want www.mydomain.com to point to /www/data/www.mydomain.com
and site2.mydomain.com should point to /www/data/site2.mydomain.com...

In my httpd.conf it reads:

NameVirtualHost *

#
# www.mydomain.com
#
<VirtualHost www.wascrew.com>

    DocumentRoot /www/data/www.mydomain.com
    ServerName www.mydomain.com
    ErrorLog /var/log/www.mydomain.com-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/www.mydomain.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

#
# site2.mydomain.com
#
<VirtualHost site2.mydomain.com>

    DocumentRoot /www/data/site2.mydomain.com
    ServerName site2.mydomain.com
    ErrorLog /var/log/site2.mydomain.com-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/site2.mydomain.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

But when i go to www.mydomain.com or site2.mydomain.com i end up in
/www/data !!!

When I run apachectl configtest it says:
[warn] VirtualHost www.mydomain.com:80 overlaps with VirtualHost
site2.mydomain.com:80, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a
NameVirtualHost directive

WHAT???

Please help!

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

2. Linux with S3trio64PCI and VGA-AT

3. Probably a FAQ--Virtual Hosting help needed

4. newbie can't install on 386- help.

5. Apache 1.3b2: Default Host and all virtual hosts serve only first virtual hosts pages?

6. Enlightenment

7. FrontPage virtual hosting, removal or reset of virtual host

8. mounted hd does not show via NFS

9. : How to prevent one named virtual host from "seeing" another virtual hosts files ?

10. Mixing Apache Name Based Virtual Hosts and SSL Virtual Host

11. For Discussion: web virtual hosting vs mail virtual hosting

12. HELP: Virtual domain/Virtual hosts ?

13. Need help setting up Virtual hosts...continued