mod_rewrite question

Post by Kyle » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Using mod_rewrite (or anything else appropriate), how could I make
files in any directory named "perl" be executed as perl scripts?  I
can get a single directory to be handled as a perl-script, but in my
directory hierarchy I need *any* directory named perl to be handled as
a perl-script.

Hope this is a simple question, I saw something like it in the FAQ but
couldn't get it to work.  It's a single user machine so their
shouldn't be any big security concerns, but if their is some *
reason why I shouldn't implement the above please let me know.

thanks
Kyle

remove underscores to reply

1. mod_rewrite question

let's say I want:

1)http://www.domain.com ->http://www.newdomain.com/cgi-bin/script.pl?s=1
2)http://domain.com -> http://www.newdomain.com/cgi-bin/script.pl?s=1
3)http://www.domain.com/blah/blah/whatever.cgi?blah=blah&... ->
     http://www.newdomain.com/cgi-bin/script.pl?s=1

Basically all requests for a domain go to the same place....Please
help!!!

The way I do it now, only works partially (satisfies 1&2 above):

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} domain [NC]
RewriteRule ^/$ http://www.newdomain.com/cgi-bin/script.pl?s=1

Please Help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Upgrading campus machines to Solaris

3. User 'Nobody' problems

4. Some questions about /dev

5. mod_rewrite question: .fcgi -> .cgi

6. Interactive WYSIWYG troff (WANT)

7. Apache mod_rewrite question

8. mod_rewrite question

9. Mod_Rewrite Question

10. apache mod_rewrite question: blocking images

11. Apache mod_rewrite question