Mod_rewrite and its lock file on Apache 2

Mod_rewrite and its lock file on Apache 2

Post by Sebastien B » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:41:56

I'm having a problem with a mod_rewrite program map (which needs a
RewriteLock-defined file) running on a new Apache 2 installation that used
to work fine on an Apache 1.3 install...

The program map is reacting as if the lock file didn't exist (results are
not consistent), which results in the wrong data sent out. The lock file is
defined as being in a read-write dir, I tried several ownership/permission
settings, but the result is the same. I also don't see the lock file itself
when the server is running, although I don't remember if I ever saw it or
not on the old install...

I'm wondering if there's anything that changed between the two mod_rewrite
modules (assuming they are in fact different) and if I missed something.

Thanks for any info...
Seb

1. Apache: Cannot open lock file: /usr/logs/httpd.lock.10064

I know this problem is probably caused by my compiling several different
versions of httpd, but I would like to start up one of my httpd
executables withoput recompiling it. I cured the 'could not open
document config file' problem by adding '-f /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf'
to the command line, but now I get:

[Wed Nov 10 14:34:36 1999] [warn] pid file /var/run/httpd.pid
overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
open: No such file or directory
Cannot open lock file: /usr/logs/httpd.lock.10064

Is there a command line option I can use to stop it looking for a lock
file? Where should a lock file be anyway (/usr/logs doesn't exist on my
system)?

thanks,

- Kev

2. Using Gimp with one button

3. Apache: Making Apache lock a file while it is using it?

4. No job control in emacs shell, from Slackware Pro 2.0

5. Apache mod_rewrite, embedded spaces in file names, and SSL

6. Solaris / Netra Install Problem

7. How to protect files when Apache is "nobody" - SetEnvIf, mod_rewrite, ?

8. crontab problem

9. Apache 1.3.4 - mod_rewrite issue - Apache 1.3.4

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. mod_rewrite RewriteMap lock error

12. Apache/Cache file lock!!

13. How to lock a file so that apache can't rad it