1. quota problems between solaris and solaris machines, and solaris and sunos4.1.3 machines.
Does anyone know how to get disk quotas working for NFS mounted
'quota -v' shows the disk quotas, but it does not stop users
from exceeding their disk quota.
Our setup is that we have a solaris (Sparc 1000) as our home
directory server. Those filesystems are mounted on 2 user machines,
a 690 running SunOS 4.1.3, and a Sparccenter 2000 running Solaris 2.3.
Quotas work on neither machine.
Another item that may be important is that the NFS server is a
non-user machine. i.e., no users are allowed to login (i.e.
/etc/passwd entries, but no /etc/shadow entries. this is for
quotacheck and accounting.)
Summary: trying to get disk quotas to work between a Solaris 2.3
NFS server and SunOS4.1.3/Solaris2.3 NFS clients.
post or send email. I'll summarise and post email responses.
"Liberty means responsibility. <>
That is why most men dread it." <> I'd rather be a free man in my grave,
--g.b.shaw <> Than living as a puppet or a slave...
2. Problem installing kdebase on Debian Linux system.
3. Solaris 8 x86 install problems / was: Re: Solaris as Guest OS possible?
4. network problem
5. Font problems mixing Solaris 1 and Solaris 2
6. Help: Position Independent Code ( PIC)
7. VMS-Solaris NFS problem (cannot read files from Solaris)
8. gcc spits out: undefined symbol __fpu_control and __setfpucw
9. Solaris 8 ifconfig (lo0) problem VS Solaris 2.5,2.6,7
10. Upgrading Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 8 problems
11. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link problems
12. problem compiling getaddrinfo on solaris 5.6, solaris 5.8
13. talk problems between solaris and non-solaris servers