Req: In depth config guide for Netscape Enterprise/Catalog server

Req: In depth config guide for Netscape Enterprise/Catalog server

Post by Jonny Golden Bolloc » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I am currently struggling with Netscape Enterprise server and Catalog server
running under AIX 4.0. Of course, the product comes with no in depth
'technical' documentation. Does anyone know of a source for this kind of info?

Regards

Jon Forster

1. Netscape Enterprise Server: Catalog Agent does not work

When I try to manually start the Catalog Agent using the "Control
Catalog Agent" window (from AutoCatalog -> Manually Control), I get
the following error:

This host (vivaldi.kbs.uni-hannover.de) is not the server host (www.kbs.uni-hannover.de:80)...

vivaldi.kbs.uni-hannover.de is the real name of our server, while
www.kbs.uni-hannover.de is an alias for it! Except for this
AutoCatalog server failure, html files are served without problems
through www.kbs.uni-hannover.de. Does anybody know if this is a bug in
the netscape server, or if I have a wrong configuration.

We have the Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0 for Solaris 2.5.

--

Institut fr Rechnergesttzte   fax. +49 511 762-9712
Wissensverarbeitung             tel. +49 511 762-9710

2. Simple Ethernet between two machines

3. Req: Solaris 2.5.1 PPP dial-in server config guide

4. Looking for spec's for a compaq monitor ( svga 472 ) not listed Please help???

5. Netscape Enterprise server config change?

6. Linux and WFW 3.11

7. NS enterprise server 2.0 - creating search catalogs

8. Is anyone else geting a I/O with latest SAMBA?

9. Netscape Catalog Server

10. Sites using the Netscape Catalog Server?

11. Netscape Catalog Server PROBLEM

12. Netscape Catalog Server

13. GILS schema and Netscape Catalog Server