Max virtual domains per machine?

Post by Alexei Rodrigu » Wed, 08 Nov 1995 04:00:00

We are trying to figure out what alternate platforms are available
for doing virtual domains off of our web server.

Curently we use a Motorola Powerstack running AIX 4.1.x. We currently
have over 500 aliases on the ether interface and over 300 virtual
domains served by appache.

In looking at Sun (Solaris 2.x) and SGI machines, the _file limit is
255 out of the box. AIX has a limit of 32k. Slight difference :)

Who else is doing large virtual domains off of a single box? What
are you using and what problems have you found?

Thanks.

Alexei

1. Limit of MAX VGs and MAX FileSystems per machine

Hi Netters,

        Does AIX have a limit on the maximum number of File
Systems defined? (Note not mounted).

        Also, is there a maximum number of VGs allowed per system?

        I am trying to write an application with support for removeable
storage media, and have to make each media a seperate file system.
Therefore the question on these limits.

P.S. I am running AIX 3.2 on a RS6K 320H.

        Any and all responses appreciated.

Raj.
  __  __     .
 /   __/    /                               Raj Malhotra.
/   ( /_   /                                voice : (908)613 4313.

2. Looking for a free version of RADIUS

3. APACHE/Newbie: Virtual Domains under a Virtual Domain?

4. Red Baron startup problem

5. How many virtual servers per machine?

6. Bad Scripter

7. DNS Name Server, Virtual Domains, on the same Physical machine.

8. PPP: Dials out, but no remote IP address

9. Name Based Virtual Hosting - Unable to access Virtual domain from IE/Lynx

10. Virtual Domain/Sub Domain?

11. Virtual Domains/multiple domains - one server

12. virtual domain and virtual email question. . .

13. arp listing vanishes from cache at my ISP - virtual domain fails; native domain is OK!