Contributing a new mod_dir.c for Apache

Post by Vittorio Berto » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi to everybody,
I'm the webmaster on the students' site in our University, and I'm
writing an enhanced mod_dir.c for Apache (based on the 1.2b10
mod_dir.c). Since I think that features I added could be useful for
everybody, how can I submit my code to the Apache group? Are they
interested in such contributions?

Things I added are:
* Lots of new IndexOptions to toggle on and off from index listings
title, <HTML> & other heading tags, HEADER and README...
* New DirLanguage command to allow index listings in languages
different from english (just italian by now :-) )
* New DirNamesLen command to set width of filenames column in fancy
indexing
* New DirTitleLevel command to set <Hx> level of the title in index
listings
* Fixed some "bugs"
* (modifying mod_include.c) new "list" directive in SSI to allow
inserting indexes inside HTML documents, for any valid URI, and
setting options overriding .conf and .htaccess ones
* (for the previous point) internal "by request" config for dir
module, to allow skipping index.html and forcing the directory index
to be produced even if index.html exists

Some other thing are still in progress... by now those new features
work peacefully on my server (I tried to test'em a lot).
Thanks,

.............. http://www.polito.it/~bertola/ ..............
......... http://www.poli.studenti.to.it/~bertola/ .........
Webmaster del sito degli studenti del Politecnico di Torino

1. Apache, mod_dir and slash for directories

Hello all!

I have a little problem with my apache 1.3.22 and modssl 2.8.5.
In apache the module "mod_dir" has the function to add a trailing
slash to a directory if the requested url is a directory and does not
already has one.
So i typed in my browser "http://localhost" and i got the standard
first page from apache. All right till now. Then I added in my Documentroot
a directory called "probe" with a file called index.html.
Next I request the url "http://localhost/probe". But he cant find it.
If I request "http://localhost/php/" works. I have test "httpd -l" and
mod_dir is compiled and index.html is present in directive DirectoryIndex

Thanks for all

Felix Sanchez

2. [Hope this is in the right place?? BSDI STARTING AN ISP

3. mod_dir to use hostname instead of ServerName (Apache 1.3.27)

4. DOSEmu serial port problem

5. mod_dir not working as expected with Apache 2

6. X and shadow??

7. Apache, mod_dir and slash with directories

8. Loadlin - Problem in Autoexec.bat

9. Apache mod_dir not working. Help?

10. Contributing new RPM's

11. Contribute your 95 experience to a new manual

12. How do I contribute documentation for Apache?

13. mod_dir