Problem with apache 1.3.1 and cache larger then 2GB

Problem with apache 1.3.1 and cache larger then 2GB

Post by Andre De Deurwaerde » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I think there is a problem in Apache 1.3.1 that prohibits the support of
caches larger than 2GB.

If you specify such a cache size with the CacheSize directive, the cache
garbage collecting code interprets this as a negative size and deletes
all files in the cache.

IMHO this is due to a glitch in the 61 bit integer arithmetic code in
the file 'proxy_cache.c'.

I have fixed this problem, adding a 61 bit 'shift_left' routine.

If you are interested in this code, let me know !
Andre De Deurwaerder           Mail: Universitaire Ziekenhuizen Leuven

                                     Kapucijnenvoer 33
Phone  : +(32) 16 33 29 75           B-3000 Leuven, Belgium

1. Problem with apache 1.3.1 and cache larger than 2GB

--
Andre De Deurwaerder           Mail: Universitaire Ziekenhuizen Leuven

                                     Kapucijnenvoer 33
Phone  : +(32) 16 33 29 75           B-3000 Leuven, Belgium

2. X a bit weird on AGP SiS 6326 video card. (text, cursor invisible)B

3. Problems taring up files larger than 2GB on Solaris 8

4. pop3 account

5. Need to create a partition larger than 2GB

6. IN2000 driver - new version up

7. Writing files larger than 2GB from AIX to Solaris

8. RPC Challenge -- pipelining

9. Is there a version of gzip that handles files larger than 2GB?

10. Files larger than 2Gb

11. help! taring files larger than 2GB!

12. fdisk and hard drives larger than 2GB

13. Need larger dump tape length/block size for 2GB 4mm DAT