Apache: httpd starts successfully but does not respond on requests

Apache: httpd starts successfully but does not respond on requests

Post by Christian Schmi » Thu, 21 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi, I have the following problem:

Synopsis:
Apache httpd starts successfully but does not respond on requests.

Full Description:
Server starts successfully by reporting on error log file:
"Server configured -- resuming normal operations"
but requests will not be handled. Also on "telnet <ip> 80" there
will be no response. All specified servers are starting.
I used NCSA httpd since 1994. With actual version 1.5.2a and no
problems.

System:
Linux deepspace 1.1.59 #24 Tue Nov 22 18:36:34 GMT+0100 1994 i486
gcc version 2.5.8

Example:
httpd configuration files in:
 http://www.esr.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/apache/

May be a socket problem ?

Any answer appreciated.

Christian
                         ???????
                        ?? _~_ ??

*---------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo------------------------*

| Ruhr-University Bochum www.esr.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/esr/cs |
*----------------------------Oooo.-------------------------*
                 .oooO      (   )
                 (   )       ) /
                  \ (       (_/
                   \_)

Apache: httpd starts successfully but does not respond on requests

Post by Marc Slemk » Thu, 21 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Linux 1.1.59 is very old.  Very old.  Much room for bugs in your
kernel; I would guess that is the problem.

Please don't send a PR to the bugs database and post to Usenet at
the same time.  Post first and then _WAIT_ for people to reply.

Quote:>Hi, I have the following problem:
>Synopsis:
>Apache httpd starts successfully but does not respond on requests.
>Full Description:
>Server starts successfully by reporting on error log file:
>"Server configured -- resuming normal operations"
>but requests will not be handled. Also on "telnet <ip> 80" there
>will be no response. All specified servers are starting.
>I used NCSA httpd since 1994. With actual version 1.5.2a and no
>problems.
>System:
>Linux deepspace 1.1.59 #24 Tue Nov 22 18:36:34 GMT+0100 1994 i486
>gcc version 2.5.8
>Example:
>httpd configuration files in:
> http://www.esr.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/apache/
>May be a socket problem ?

1. Why apache(httpd) not responding?

I am writing HTTP client to talk to HTTP Server on the
same machine. (RH 6.1)

I could do connect to httpd properly and sent the HTTP
reuest using send call. The following is the request:
"GET index.html HTTP/1.0/r/n"

Then I do recv but it is hangging. Server is not responding
to this.

Opening netscape I could see server running well.
Is the problem with request? Why server is not responding?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Linux & the Diamond Fire GL 1000 PRO

3. self-compiled httpd does not start (suse 6.1 / apache 1.3.x))

4. Where to get locale symbols for PHP?

5. Apache 1.3: "httpd could not be started"

6. SoundBlaster CD-ROM 2x

7. httpd start is not working with Linux 7.1/Apache 1.3.19

8. HELP!!!! LINUX WONT INSTALL!!!!!!!!!

9. apachect1 start in Apache/1.3.12 doesn′t start httpd

10. apachectl start: httpd could not be started on AIX 4.3.2

11. RH 7.0 - startx does not successfully start GNOME

12. httpd v1.5 does not respond

13. PPPoE-Server not responding to Configuration Requests