Need help with Apache Redirect

Post by John Oliv » Sun, 11 May 2003 12:48:47

I'm trying to add a VirtualHost entry for webmail.domain.com to redirect
to mail.domain.com:8000  I don't want to use .htaccess or mod_rewrite
unless I absolutely have no other choice.  I've found many posts
mentioning that this *can* be done in httpd.conf, but no matter how I
try, I always get "The page cannot be displayed".

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/

Need help with Apache Redirect

Post by John Oliv » Sun, 11 May 2003 13:06:12

Quote:> I'm trying to add a VirtualHost entry for webmail.domain.com to redirect
> to mail.domain.com:8000  I don't want to use .htaccess or mod_rewrite
> unless I absolutely have no other choice.  I've found many posts
> mentioning that this *can* be done in httpd.conf, but no matter how I
> try, I always get "The page cannot be displayed".

Belay that... my bad.  I kept forgetting that the other URL was https,
not http :-)

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/
***               sendmail, Apache, ftp, DNS, spam filtering         ***
****                Colocation, T1s, web/email/ftp hosting          ****

1. Need Help with Apache: Redirect depending on clients IP-Adress

Hello,

I have a question about configuring the Apache-Server:
I want to present my web-pages only to 'good' clients (depending on
their IP-Adress), that means to clients which come from an 'accepted'
(sub-)domain.
With other words: I want to redirect clients to another server, if
their IP-Adress isn't from a (list of) 'good' Domain(s).

Please include email when replying

2. Interested in PowerPC for Linux / FreeBSD / NetBSD?

3. HELP I need redirect from my NT server to Apache on Linux using HOST HEADER!!???

4. DOS and Linux on separate drives without hassle?

5. Apache Redirect/ReWrite for redirecting old->new domains?

6. kde / slakware install problem

7. help w/ apache http redirects?

8. NSAPI Magazines

9. Apache Redirect when %20 is part of the URL - Please help

10. Help with Apache conf file and Redirect match wanted

11. HELP: Apache handles REDIRECTS differently than NCSA

12. Help...Problem with custom apache module and redirects

13. Help with Apache to NT Redirect