Page not found error 404 - Please help

Post by Gulshe » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 07:05:59

Hello,

   We have apache web server 1.3 running on WINDOWS NT but somehow
cannot access webpages/users defined on it. It was running fine this
morning, but can't access webpages now.

*  The server is up, we tried pinging.
*  Restarted Apache server .. did not help
*  Webpages can be accessed locally and are fine.
*  Checked for viruses ..none found

  From all this, i think that we need to redefine the users folder
(the way it is shared), but don't know how to do this.

I will greatly appreciate if someone can help on this.

Thanks!

Post by Klaus Johannes Rusc » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:52:56

>    We have apache web server 1.3 running on WINDOWS NT but somehow
> cannot access webpages/users defined on it. It was running fine this
> morning, but can't access webpages now.

a few minutes ago-- posting once is sufficient.

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch

http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/

1. Can Redirect 404 Page not found error to Real Application?

We are using Redhat 7.1 having Apache as Web Server.
In apache we have defined :

ErrorDocument 404 /path/to/my/php/script.

Now this "PHP" script instead of providing the Custom 404 Error Page
is used to provide ease to our users , i.e. our users can enter
"http://www.oursite.com/userid/ instead of
http://www.oursite.com/?userid". In this way we don't have to create
directories for each users and also dont have to ask user to remember
special characters like "?".

We have tried to search the web if anybody has used 404 error
redirection for certain application , but was not able to find any.

Can anyone please suggest whether we should use this 404 error
redirection for Real Application? if yes then why? if no then why?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Amit
BuyTheSample.com

2. mtools for solaris 2.4 x86

3. 404 Error, yet page is found...

4. Solaris 2.5 stat device number problems

5. Apache 1.3 : Linking to a specific page when "HTTP 404 - File not found"

6. Running WebTrends against log file

7. changing default "404 file not found" page

8. Some help!

9. IE shows 404 page for 404 status response

10. Website not found error message 404

11. Error 404 (requested URL not found) from NCSA

12. Setup Custom 404 Error page

13. 404 Error Page