** Problem with Netscape LiveWire/NT and Oracle 7.2 **

** Problem with Netscape LiveWire/NT and Oracle 7.2 **

Post by Cyber Worm o?μ?? » Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Configuration:
- LiveWire/NT on Netscape Enterprise Server running on Windows NT 3.51
(Service Pack 5), and SQL*NET on the same machine.
- The version of Oracle Server is 7.2

Problem:
- I am able to connect to the Oracle Server using SQL*NET on the Web server
without any problem.
- When I use the given sample "dbadmin", I can connect successfully to the
database with the "Connect to Database Server" option
- When I the "Execute SQL Query" option, I got the following error message
on the Web server:

Quincy for Win32
An application error has occurred and a NOTES.RIP file is being generated
in
httpd.exe

Exception: access violation (0x0000005), Address: 0x04a593d8

I stuck here and can do nothing. Any comments ???

Pls e-mail me back, thanks in advance.

- Patrick ^_^
-------------------------

-------------------------

** Problem with Netscape LiveWire/NT and Oracle 7.2 **

Post by Mark Leighton Fish » Sat, 16 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Configuration:
>- LiveWire/NT on Netscape Enterprise Server running on Windows NT 3.51
>(Service Pack 5), and SQL*NET on the same machine.
>- The version of Oracle Server is 7.2

As far as I know, you must use Oracle 7.1 with LiveWire.  There will
be an update soon for using Oracle 7.3.
Mark Leighton Fisher                   Thomson Consumer Electronics

1. Netscape Enterprise Server, Livewire and Oracle

Hi All!

I've been tring to use Livewire's dbadmin project to access a remote
Oracle database using the following values:

Database type   :       "ORACLE"
Server Name     :       "wayleavesp1"
User            :       "SYSTEM"
Password        :       <system password>
Database Name   :       "SP1"

So, the Oracle SID for my database is SP1 and it resides on the server
wayleave.  The SQL*Net connect descriptor for this database is
wayleavesp1.

I can ping the database (using the Oracle ping application), so I know
that my PC can connect to the database.  However, I have been unable
to connect to the database using Livewire.

One possible problem is that I am using SQL*Net v2 and not SQL*Net v1,
but Netscape say that the SQL*Net version shouldn't really matter!

If there is anybody out there who could help I would very much
appreciate it, especially as I am working to tight project timescales.

Regards
James Blackwood
Consultant
Logica UK Limited

tel     00 +44 (0)1224 843847
fax     00 +44 (0)1224 632089

The opinions expressed within this document are those
of James Blackwood and are not associated in any way
with his employer Logica UK Limited or any associated
 company.

2. free pop3 client for sunos 5.6/5.7 ?

3. Oracle 8.1.6 problem upgrate from RH 6.2 to 7.2

4. Wabi deinstalled itself.

5. ## Problem with Netscape Livewire Pro ##

6. Dir /p

7. Livewire <-> oracle programming troubble

8. ATI bus mouse still n working

9. Weird Errors from Solaris LiveWire/Oracle - Help!

10. LiveWire & Oracle under Linux

11. LiveWire and Oracle Stored Procedures

12. LiveWire and Oracle

13. LiveWire to remote Oracle DB question