Malformed header in script - HELP

Post by Robert Spragg » Thu, 04 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to get the mSQL system running with apache and when I try to
access any of the pages that come with the msql, I get an error in the
error_log like this:

[ Date ] access to /var/apache_1.2.0/htdocs/cgi-bin/w3-auth fialed for
<username>, reason: malformed header from script. Bad
header=</h1></h2></h3></h4></h5></h6>

Anyone one have any pointers?

Thanks for your time

1. Help: Apache: cgi script - malformed header from script

Trying to get simple cgi to work...

I've written a simple shell script to output some basic html, but when I run
it I get this error message in the error log:

  malformed header from script. Bad header=<HTML>

I've looked in the FAQ and it's helpful in the sense that it states:
"the server was expecting a complete set of HTTP headers (one or more followed
by a blank line), and didn't get them."

Unfortunately, I don't know what an http header is or looks like, and the
Apache documentation isn't helpful in this respect. My shell script simply
wrties to stdout:

<title> a title </title>
some text

Also...

I've added a "ScriptLog logs/cgi_log" entry to the httpd.conf file, but there's
no output there (yes I've restarted the server). I've even touched the file so
that it exists (with the same permissions as the other log files) but no joy.

crashes when I open this newsgroup.

Alistair.

2. Al440lx mb+isa ne2000 card

3. Server Error:malformed header from script..Apache

4. In Bellevue can buy Linux?

5. malformed header from script?

6. telnet vs. su command - restrictions

7. Malformed header from this script?

8. bandwidth limiting applications.

9. Malformed header from script??

10. Error: HTTPd: malformed header from script

11. malformed header from script...

12. cgi malformed header error HELP!

13. Help! CGI Malformed header error in Apache...