$ENV{REMOTE_USER} not working with methothod POST

$ENV{REMOTE_USER} not working with methothod POST

Post by Mike Dilwort » Fri, 20 Oct 1995 04:00:00

i am running ncsa 1.4.2, with password authentification for
certain files. now if i want to use the environmental variable
remote user, i can only do so with the get metthod and not the
post method, why is this ?  is my server incorrectly configured
? or is it another problem ?  any help much appreciated.  mike.
--
Michael J. Dilworth             Dept. Information Science
                        City University

$ENV{REMOTE_USER} not working with methothod POST

Post by Philip Hallstr » Fri, 20 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>i am running ncsa 1.4.2, with password authentification for
>certain files. now if i want to use the environmental variable
>remote user, i can only do so with the get metthod and not the
>post method, why is this ?  is my server incorrectly configured
>? or is it another problem ?  any help much appreciated.  mike.

I had the same exact problem just awhile ago and some saint said use

<Limit GET POST>
blah blah

instead of

<Limit GET>
blah blah

Works just dandy now! :)
--

   Wolfe Internet Access           http://www.wolfe.net/~philip

1. Apache/CGI: $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'} and POST

If I POST to a CGI script it seems that the above environment variable is not
available (Apache 1.3.1 on Linux, however, have seen this also on older
Apache and BSDI). It's only available if I execute a script directly.

I assume this is not a bug?
So, what's the reason and is there any way to catch it, anyway?

Kai

--

Kai Sch?tzl, Berlin, Germany
ClubWin - Help for Windows Users: http://www.clubwin.com

2. Last user login message

3. browser not returning $ENV{REMOTE_USER}

4. No S3/911 support with VLB 486CT1-board?

5. Help with APACHE and $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'}

6. Help needed with Multiple ISPs and routes

7. $user= $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'}; returns NULL

8. Thanks for the help fellows...

9. REMOTE_USER env variable

10. ENV{'REMOTE_USER'}

11. ENV=$HOME/.kshrc export ENV doesn't work?

12. HTTP_USER when I meant REMOTE_USER in earlier posts.

13. REMOTE_USER and POST method