Custom Error Messages

Post by Chad Cunningha » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Do I have to do anything special to get custom error messages to work?
I'm using Apache 1.3. I just edited the srm.conf file with the directive
ErrorDocument 404 "Oops it's gone

and then I went to look at a nonexistant page. No good, I still get the
standard error message. What gives?

Custom Error Messages

Post by Michael Fu » Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Do I have to do anything special to get custom error messages to work?
> I'm using Apache 1.3. I just edited the srm.conf file with the directive
> ErrorDocument 404 "Oops it's gone

> and then I went to look at a nonexistant page. No good, I still get the
> standard error message. What gives?

"Works fine here."  Did you HUP/USR1/restart httpd after you made
the change?  Does anything show up in error_log?  Are you using a
proxy that might have given you a cached page?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.net/~mfuhr/

Custom Error Messages

Post by DetlefEn » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>ErrorDocument 404 "Oops it's

Well, I guess why this Variable is called ErrorDocument and not ErrorMessage.
Instead of "Oops it's....", specify a URL, i.e. a file that holds the error
message.

Detlef

Custom Error Messages

Post by Marc Slemk » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>>ErrorDocument 404 "Oops it's
>Well, I guess why this Variable is called ErrorDocument and not ErrorMessage.
>Instead of "Oops it's....", specify a URL, i.e. a file that holds the error
>message.

No.  Read the docs.