How to add a http header using .htaccess for apache http server under windows environment

How to add a http header using .htaccess for apache http server under windows environment

Post by fengma » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 05:46:47

Hi,
I tried to add http header using the .htaccess file, but I got the following
error message:
Invalid command 'Header', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
I used Header directive in my .htaccess file, anyone can tell me what's the
reason?
The .htaccess file I am using:
<Files "t.txt">
Header set Author "John P. Doe"
</Files>
Thanks!

Post by David Efflan » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:37:06

> I tried to add http header using the .htaccess file, but I got the following
> error message:
> Invalid command 'Header', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
> included in the server configuration
> I used Header directive in my .htaccess file, anyone can tell me what's the
> reason?
> The .htaccess file I am using:
><Files "t.txt">
> Header set Author "John P. Doe"
></Files>

Per the docs for Header, are you perhaps missing FileInfo (or All) in the
AllowOverride for that <Directory>, <Location> or nearest parent in
httpd.conf?

--
David Efflandt - All spam is ignored - http://www.de-srv.com/

1. using http://server/username instead of http://server/~username

I am setting up a server, and I want users to be able to access their
home directories as
        http://server/username
instead of the "standard"
        http://server/~username

What is the easiest way to do this?  I thought I could do it using
UserDir, but it seems that it automatically assumes ~user.  Now I'm
thinking mod_rewrite might be a better choice, but I'm not famailar with
how to do it.

Thanks for any help.

--Ethan

Lehigh University
Computer Engineering Major, Class of 1999
http://www.lehigh.edu/~ecb2

2. Epoch S3 Cards -- Any sucess?

3. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

4. Mech2 for win95 in linux?

5. Re-directing http to https using apache and other things

6. Dosemu Questions

7. proxy https & http request using apache

8. Ext fs programs version alpha 12

9. Apache Proxy server that will transform an HTTP request in a HTTPS request

10. apache-ssl: how to setup two versions of server, http:// and https:// ?

11. HTTPS to HTTP in template environment

12. Supressing HTTP server header with Apache 1.3.6

13. Apache-SSL for both HTTP and HTTPS?