REMOTE_HOST

Post by martyg8.. » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Is the environment variable REMOTE_HOST something that can be turned on
of off in Apache? If so, how?

I've written a script in Perl that prints out the REMOTE_HOST, eg

print "$ENNV{'REMOTE_HOST'}";

and this prints out a domain on one web server, and nothing on another.
Both are running Apache.

any help greatly appreciated,

regards

martin gittins

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

REMOTE_HOST

Post by John Imri » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Is the environment variable REMOTE_HOST something that can be turned on
> of off in Apache? If so, how?

> I've written a script in Perl that prints out the REMOTE_HOST, eg

> print "$ENNV{'REMOTE_HOST'}";

> and this prints out a domain on one web server, and nothing on another.
> Both are running Apache.

> any help greatly appreciated,

REMOTE_HOST is onle available if the configuration directive
HostnameLookups is set to on.

The Pilgrim

REMOTE_HOST

Post by Bruno Wolff I » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Is the environment variable REMOTE_HOST something that can be turned on
> of off in Apache? If so, how?

Yes. Use the hostnamelookups command in Apache. This defaults to off in 1.3.
If a hostname is needed for an access restriction, than a double lookup is
still done, no matter what hostnamelookups is set to.