setting up a second server on a running apache

setting up a second server on a running apache

Post by Daniel Massot » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:26:12

i am running a linux-server with the domain tux.massoth
for webaplications i need to setup another server. it can also
be a subdomain like us.tux.massoth

how can i realize it?

the default server tux.massoth is running with the
standard-suse-site (linux-distribution).
i am running webmin on port: 10000 with the apache module.

trying to setup a server with us.tux.massoth through webmin fails.
the server tells me this address does not exist.

can someone give me some basic instructions on this?

Post by David Efflan » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:55:27

>i am running a linux-server with the domain tux.massoth
>for webaplications i need to setup another server. it can also
>be a subdomain like us.tux.massoth

>how can i realize it?

>the default server tux.massoth is running with the
>standard-suse-site (linux-distribution).
>i am running webmin on port: 10000 with the apache module.

>trying to setup a server with us.tux.massoth through webmin fails.
>the server tells me this address does not exist.

Maybe it doesn't.  Is us.tux.massoth listed in your local DNS or
/etc/hosts (possibly as an alias for tux.massoth)

Quote:>can someone give me some basic instructions on this?

Start with the apache docs for virtual hosting.  One server can answer to
multiple names on the same or different IPs (or even different ports) if
properly configured.  You should have the apache docs on your system, but
if not, see:  http://www.apache.org/