Virtual Host prob on Apache 1.3.9/Linux

Post by Brian Heikkil » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have read the apache documentation/faq and this ng, but nothing seems to
get my virtual hosting to work right. I have 3 virtual hosts on one machine
using NameVirtualHost, since I only have 1 ip address. I have defined all 3
as <VirtualHost>s. When I go to any of them, I always get the "main server"
page. If I understand this correctly, I should never get the main server; I
should always get a virtualhost page. I can't seem to get to any of my
virtual host pages.

There are no errors regarding this in the error logs. :(

I'd appreciate any assistance.

:brian

Remove "remove-this." from email addresses.

httpd.conf
--------------------------------------
NameVirtualHost 208.42.19.154:80

<VirtualHost 208.42.19.154>
     ServerName www.heikkila.org

     DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/heikkila.org
     ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/heikkila.org-error_log
     TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/heikkila.org-access_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 208.42.19.154>
     ServerName circleofthephoenix.org

     DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cotp.org
     ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/cotp.org-error_log
     TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/cotp.org-access_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 208.42.19.154>
     ServerName cotp.org

     DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cotp.org
     ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/cotp.org-error_log
     TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/cotp.org-access_log
</VirtualHost>

Virtual Host prob on Apache 1.3.9/Linux

Post by greenmanali.. » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have read the apache documentation/faq and this ng, but nothing
seems to
> get my virtual hosting to work right. I have 3 virtual hosts on one

machine

<snip>

try removing the port number from the NameVirutalHost directive.

also ensure nameserver is not mentioned anywhere else in httpd.conf or
the other 2 files (srm.conf and access.conf).

> --------------------------------------
> NameVirtualHost 208.42.19.154:80

> <VirtualHost 208.42.19.154>
>      ServerName www.heikkila.org

>      DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/heikkila.org
>      ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/heikkila.org-error_log
>      TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/heikkila.org-access_log
> </VirtualHost>

> <VirtualHost 208.42.19.154>
>      ServerName circleofthephoenix.org

>      DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cotp.org
>      ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/cotp.org-error_log
>      TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/cotp.org-access_log
> </VirtualHost>

> <VirtualHost 208.42.19.154>
>      ServerName cotp.org

>      DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cotp.org
>      ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/cotp.org-error_log
>      TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/cotp.org-access_log
> </VirtualHost>

==----------
>    http://www.newsfeeds.com       The Largest Usenet Servers in the
World!
Servers ==-----

--
Do not waste your time by night or day.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Apache 1.3b2: Default Host and all virtual hosts serve only first virtual hosts pages?

Hello.

Have been running 1.2b8 for a intranet and decided to move upto 1.3b2. I
have several name based virtual hosts that have been working under
1.2b8. After compiling and installing 1.3b2 my virtual hosts do not
work. In fact what happens is that even though DocumentRoot and default
server name is different, eg: www.serverA.net pointing to /www/default,
Apache 1.3b2 will always take me to the first defined virtual host as if
it's locked to it no matter what virtual host I try to browse. What
gives? Please post and E-Mail.

In /etc/hosts for my machines IP address I have

A.B.C.D         www.default.net www.virtA.net www.virtB.net

In ../conf/httpd.conf I have;

<VirtualHost www.virtA.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtA
ServerName www.virtA.net
ErrorLog logs/virtA.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtA.access.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.virtB.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtB
ServerName www.virtB.net
ErrorLog logs/virtB.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtB.access.log
</VirtualHost>

--

2. Command line e-mail

3. Mixing Apache Name Based Virtual Hosts and SSL Virtual Host

4. The GPL Dichotamy

5. Apache - Virtual Host or /etc/hosts

6. Full systems backups?

7. Apache 2.0.x virtual host ALWAYS beings up the FIRST host in the list..

8. Portrait display mode with framebuffer drivers

9. FrontPage virtual hosting, removal or reset of virtual host

10. : How to prevent one named virtual host from "seeing" another virtual hosts files ?

11. For Discussion: web virtual hosting vs mail virtual hosting

12. Apache 1.0.0 on Linux 1.3.59: max one virtual host!?!

13. Apache/Linux and Virtual Hosts