Apache mod_auth_dbm & vitual host

Post by Andrew Loftu » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Problem:
mod_auth_dbm fails to find key in dbm file.

Background:
user/passwd verified via LDAP (auth_LDAP,
ftp://ftp.enbridge.com/pub/dhc/auth_ldap.html)
group access checked via AuthDBMGroupFile

This worked when setup for single server.  I now added a virtual server
and moved the relative configuration directives to a seperate file
(specified in the <VirtualHost> section).  LDAP authentication succeeds
as before, but now auth_dbm fails with the following error:
"user aloftus not in DBM group file /proj/bt/httpd/Auth/btWebGroups"

Is there anything I could have skipped or need to do differently when
using virtual hosts?  It can find the dbm file and I know the entries
exist and are correct in the dbm file.

What types of things could I look for that might be causing this
problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Andy

1. Does Apache 1.0 still need virtual IP when I set vitual host ???

    Hello :
    I am a new user that use Apache 1.0 , but when I wnat to use
  Apache to setup the Virtual WWW host ,it is not OK.

  Do I still give my Linux or Sun 4.1.3 many  virtual IP for the use of
  Apache 1.0 ?

  May I just one IP and setup Many virtual www host in Apache 1.0 ?

  Can anybody tell me how to do ...
  Thanks ....

  Merry Xmas to ALL

    //=======================================\\
    ||   stonny                               ||

    \\=======================================//

2. partition strategies fro Linux

3. Apache 1.21/vitual host and put method ...

4. Sunscreen 3.2 refuses to block packets

5. problem compile apache with mod_auth_dbm.o & mod_auth_db.o.

6. Linux Real-Time I/O

7. Network Monitoring & Apache & SunOS & Virtual Hosting

8. APM suspend system lockup under 2.4.2 and 2.4.2ac1

9. Vitual Hosting

10. Vitual host httpd.conf

11. How to let the vitual hosts have the cgi suport and php support?

12. Vitual Hosts on a local Machine

13. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache