Custom Error Logs on Apache

Post by John Michae » Sun, 21 Jan 2001 10:05:20

IS it possible to do a custom log for the error log file.

LogFormat "%t client: %h username: %u status: %>s URL: %U \"%r\"
\"%{Referer}i\"" custom_error
ErrorLog /home/usr1/mydomain/logs/error.log  custom_error

I am trying to hunt down some of the errors.

would this work?
Thanks
John Michael

--
John Michael

mY signAture & QuoTe
------
The Chicken or The Egg??
------
------
http://RealTimeScripts.com   <<<Check It Out>>>

Custom Error Logs on Apache

Post by Joshua Sliv » Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:15:09

> IS it possible to do a custom log for the error log file.
> LogFormat "%t client: %h username: %u status: %>s URL: %U \"%r\"
> \"%{Referer}i\"" custom_error
> ErrorLog /home/usr1/mydomain/logs/error.log  custom_error
> I am trying to hunt down some of the errors.

No, but you can log this to a second access log and then
just extract out the lines with the relevant status code.

--
Joshua Slive

http://slive.ca/

1. Custom Apache Error Logs - favicon.ico removal

     Is it possible to have custom apache error logs?  I'm dealing with
the favicon.ico requests given by Internet Explorer 5.  When ie 5
bookmarks a page, a request is made so that IE5 can get the favicon logo
for that page.
     What if we don't have a favicon.ico and file and don't want to make
one...must we still see the error in the log file?

One way we were hoping to get rid of log entries was by adding
the following in the virtual host directive:

SetEnvIf Request_URI \.ico$ ico-image
ErrorLog /path/to/error_log env!=ico-image

We hoped that this would check to see if the request ends in .ico. If it
does end with the .ico extension, it would not be logged. This, however,
can only be used on CustomLog directives. This means that we can only
filter out requests for favicon.ico when the request was successful.

Any ideas?

David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Debian Xfree Radeon 9600TX problem

3. Custom Error Logs on Apache

4. Harddrive problem

5. Error 500 custom error response (Linux,Apache,JRun)

6. The Jikes Java compiler for the Linux Platform

7. Custom Apache Logs - Bailout Tracking

8. WordPerfect 8 problem in RedHat 5.2

9. escapes in Apache custom log format

10. Custom Log with Apache -- troubles

11. apache, custom log and file-pipe

12. Tabs in Apache 1.1.0 Custom Logs -- how, please?

13. Customs log problem with Apache/1.3.23