AuthGroupFile question

Post by Bob Burn » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm wondering at what times the file I specify in the AuthGroupFile
(.htgroup) gets read.  I know the .htaccess file gets read every time
the directory where it resides is accessed and I'm wondering if the
information in the .htgroup file is re-read at that time as well, or if
my .htgroup file gets read only when Apache is started.

Can anyone educate me?

Thanks,
Bob

AuthGroupFile question

Post by Marc Slemk » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,
>I'm wondering at what times the file I specify in the AuthGroupFile
>(.htgroup) gets read.  I know the .htaccess file gets read every time
>the directory where it resides is accessed and I'm wondering if the
>information in the .htgroup file is re-read at that time as well, or if
>my .htgroup file gets read only when Apache is started.

It will be reread on each access that requires it to be read.

This would be easy enough to test.

1. max rec size AuthGroupFile?

my group records have grown quite a bit. now it seems some accounts no
longer pass the password test. i think ive traced the problem to some sort
of max size for text version of AuthGroupFile records.

is this true and is there a workaround? for conenience id rather stick with
the test version then switch to mod_dbm.

im running apache 1.3.6 on solaris 2.5.1
tks.
john z.

2. Sudden death on SparcStation10/Solaris 2.6

3. AuthGroupFile line being ignored

4. Virtual Host Not Working

5. AuthGroupFile ignored, /etc/group used instead. Why?

6. Strange routing problem...

7. AuthGroupFile and internal server error for invalid user

8. fdisk & extended drives

9. AuthGroupFile format

10. AuthGroupFile

11. Mini-Linux Distribution Questions + General Questions + UMSDOS Questions

12. Questions, questions questions

13. 3 issues --- 1-Gnome Question, 2-CDRom Detect Question, 3-IMLIB Question