Compiling Apache 1.3.27+SSL on Solaris 2.8

Compiling Apache 1.3.27+SSL on Solaris 2.8

Post by Mark Nelso » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:18:29



Hi

I'm trying to compile apache 1.3.27 on a Solaris 8 machine, I'm using gcc
2.95.3, I have installed the Berkeley db libraries from
www.sunfreeware.com, these have installed into /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
when I run configure with the following options is can't find the
Berkeley-DB libraries.  The output from configure is as follows

Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.27
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Solaris 280 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + using custom target name: httpsd
 + adding selected modules
    o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
      disabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
      (perhaps you need to add -ldbm, -lndbm or -lgdbm to EXTRA_LIBS)
    o dbm_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
    o db_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
Error: None of Berkeley-DB 1.x, 2.x or 3.x libraries found.
       Either disable mod_auth_db or provide us with the paths
       to the Berkeley-DB include and library files.
       (Hint: INCLUDES, LDFLAGS, LIBS)
I've tried to set the environment variables INCLUDES LDFLAGS and LIBS to
the following values -

INCLUDES=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
LIBS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
LDFLAGS=-ldb3

but to no avail, I have also tried adding those lines to the file
src/Configuration

Anyone got any ideas or can point me to some decient documentation

Thanks

Mark
--
--------------------------------------------------------

White Rose Grid Project, Department of Computer Science,
University of York Heslington, York, YO10 5DD
Reception: +44 1904 432722, Direct Dial: +44 1904 432722

Remove -nospam to reply

 
 
 

Compiling Apache 1.3.27+SSL on Solaris 2.8

Post by ger.. » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:54:45




Quote:

> I'm trying to compile apache 1.3.27 on a Solaris 8 machine, I'm using gcc
> 2.95.3, I have installed the Berkeley db libraries from
> www.sunfreeware.com, these have installed into /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
> when I run configure with the following options is can't find the
> Berkeley-DB libraries.  The output from configure is as follows
> [snipped]

What did you tell configure to do? The reason I ask is i see:

Quote:>  + using custom target name: httpsd

If we know what you did the problem is more easily reproduced.
I dont use stuff this old, so debugging becomes problematic : >

[more snipped]

Quote:> INCLUDES=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
> LIBS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
> LDFLAGS=-ldb3

These values are incomplete. How many .h files are there in :
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3 ? Answer none : >
Try:
INCLUDES=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3/include
LIBS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3/lib
Not sure you need LDFLAGS set yet.
See below.

Quote:> but to no avail, I have also tried adding those lines to the file
> src/Configuration

Probably best if you just let "configure" handle it.
./configure --help supplies a lot of hints

Quote:> Anyone got any ideas or can point me to some decient documentation

Solaris man pages for :
"ld.so.1" and "crle" and "ldd"
are an excellent start.
The source code itself comes with htdocs/manual

 
 
 

Compiling Apache 1.3.27+SSL on Solaris 2.8

Post by Joachim Ri » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 03:11:04


<snip>

Quote:> when I run configure with the following options is can't find the
> Berkeley-DB libraries.  The output from configure is as follows
<snip>
>     o db_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
> Error: None of Berkeley-DB 1.x, 2.x or 3.x libraries found.
>        Either disable mod_auth_db or provide us with the paths
>        to the Berkeley-DB include and library files.
>        (Hint: INCLUDES, LDFLAGS, LIBS)

first question: do you want mod_auth_db? if no, why not disabling it?

Quote:> INCLUDES=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
> LIBS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
> LDFLAGS=-ldb3

are there header files directly under /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3 ?
is the library itself really under /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3 or has it
been installed somewhere else...

joachim