Malformed header

Post by Robert Annandal » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

What does 'Malformed header from script' mean to anyone?

RBA.

Malformed header

Post by Dan Wil » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> What does 'Malformed header from script' mean to anyone?

> RBA.

It means your script did not return a proper HTTP header:

  print "Status: 200\nContent-type: text/html\n\n";
  print "Here is some data that should be an HTML page.";

** Remove the REMOVE in my address address to reply reply  **

1. malformed header from cgi

Hello,

I am running Apache1.2b2 under Linux 2.0.27.  I have a perl script which
spits out a *.gif files.  My server complains of a malformed header:

[Wed Jan 29 21:10:27 1997] access to
/usr/local/etc/apache/htdocs//stock/graphStock.pl.cgi fail
ed for xyz.com, reason: malformed header from script. Bad header=GIF89a
<80>^B<E0>^A<F1>^C

(BTW, I am spitting out

as a header)

Any ideas?

As always, all help is appreciated; all flames are tolerated.

-James

2. NIC - Netgroup didn't work!!!

3. Server Error:malformed header from script..Apache

4. Which Linux to get ...?

5. cgi malformed header error HELP!

6. monitoring agent with apache

7. Installed spamassassin and now getting malformed headers in mail boxes

8. Horrible CPU spikes with 200GIG IDE HD

9. malformed header from script?

10. Malformed header from this script?

11. Help: Apache: cgi script - malformed header from script

12. Malformed header in script - HELP

13. Malformed header from script??