I see HTML tags instead of HTML pages

Post by Amit Narayana » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm working on a SUN Ultra Sparc 30 with Apache 1.3.3 installed.  All my
CGI scripts work fine on this machine except one.

This CGI script that's misbehaving makes use of the system command to
execute an external program.  This external program generates an output
file.  The CGI script will return to the client a link to this generated
file so that the client may view it. But what really happens is that
instead of being able to see a link to this generated file in the
browser all I get to see is the HTML tags in text form with the correct
syntax etc.  This same CGI script works perfect on an NT server running
IIS 4.0 .  I've tried playing around with the first line that the CGI
script returns ... something like "Charset ISO bla bla..."

Any suggestions pls ?

-Amit.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by isom » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>This CGI script that's misbehaving makes use of the system command to
>execute an external program.  This external program generates an output
>file.  The CGI script will return to the client a link to this generated
>file so that the client may view it. But what really happens is that
>instead of being able to see a link to this generated file in the
>browser all I get to see is the HTML tags in text form with the correct
>syntax etc.  This same CGI script works perfect on an NT server running
>IIS 4.0 .  I've tried playing around with the first line that the CGI
>script returns ... something like "Charset ISO bla bla..."

I'd be nice to see the headers it outputs.  Do they, for example, include
something like:
?

--

http://www.jellybaby.net/~isoma/ - Spam?  What spam? (pats procmail)