Problem with JServ class pointer in serv.properties file

Problem with JServ class pointer in serv.properties file

Post by Vaithilingam, Satheeskumar [CAR:VN00:EXCH » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to configure and run JServ on Solarias with Apache 1.3.6 web
sever.

In my jserv.properties file, I left the following lines as it is:

# Apache JServ entry point class (should not be changed)
# Syntax: wrapper.class=[classname]
# Default: "org.apache.jserv.JServ"

So by default wrapper.class is pointing to org.apache.jserv.JServ

However, when I start the apache web server, I am getting the following
error in my error_log file:

"Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ"

Although the apache web server is up and running (despite the error in
the error_log file), the servlet
programs are not running through web.

Does any body know why I am getting this error and why the servlet
programs are not running
through web.

Thanks in advance.

--
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Satheeskumar Vaithilingam

Telephone: (613) 763-6527
Fax      : (613) 763-3292
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

1. Apache JServ and servlet using non-public classes within the same .java file

Hello -- I got Apache JServ 1.0 up and running on Solaris.  I got some
simple test servlets going, but then I discovered that if my servlet .java
file has additional classes defined within it, and they are used within the
main public HttpServlet class, then I keep getting ClassNotFound exceptions
(or something like that).    It seems like the servlet runner cannot find
these private classes within the same class file.  (I can get it to work by
combining everything into one class and removing the use of these classes).

I have no problem instantiating classes that are public and defined
elsewhere in a .jar file and I've included them in the classpath via the
.conf files.

Has anyone seen this before?  Is there something I missed in the
configuration files?

Thanks

Betty

2. Looking for Unix training in SF Bay Area

3. Diff Serv Code Pointer DSCP

4. Need Perl Programmer

5. problem with pointer to parent class member

6. why oh why

7. HELP ! Jserv - Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ

8. Solaris System Admin/ Career Position/ Exceptional Opp/ ILL

9. casting pointer to derived class to pointer to base class problem in C++ using xlC_r 5.0.2.0

10. jserv for apache : JServUtils.java:66: Class javax.servlet.http.Cookie not found in import.

11. Fax modems -- class 1, class 2, class 2.0 -- whats going on?

12. Java Kernel Support can't find class in .class file

13. Jserv autoreload classes doesnt seem to work