Apache, mod_dir and slash with directories

Apache, mod_dir and slash with directories

Post by Feli » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 10:34:16

Hello all!

I have a little problem with my apache 1.3.22 and modssl 2.8.5.
In apache the module "mod_dir" has the function to add a trailing
slash to a directory if the requested url is a directory and does not
already has one.
So i typed in my browser "http://localhost" and i got the standard
first page from apache. All right till now. Then I added in my Documentroot
a directory called "probe" with a file called index.html.
Next I request the url "http://localhost/probe". But he cant find it.
If I request "http://localhost/php/" works. I have test "httpd -l" and
mod_dir is compiled and index.html is present in directive DirectoryIndex

Thanks for all

Felix Sanchez

1. Apache, mod_dir and slash for directories

Hello all!

I have a little problem with my apache 1.3.22 and modssl 2.8.5.
In apache the module "mod_dir" has the function to add a trailing
slash to a directory if the requested url is a directory and does not
already has one.
So i typed in my browser "http://localhost" and i got the standard
first page from apache. All right till now. Then I added in my Documentroot
a directory called "probe" with a file called index.html.
Next I request the url "http://localhost/probe". But he cant find it.
If I request "http://localhost/php/" works. I have test "httpd -l" and
mod_dir is compiled and index.html is present in directive DirectoryIndex

Thanks for all

Felix Sanchez

2. Where could I find a binary of "fsck" on the net?

3. Symbolic links to directories: slash or no slash?

4. ext2/3 bugfix 2/6: readdir() needs to return '.' and '..'

5. Apache Trailing Slash Problem on User Directories

6. Do not use -o test

7. apache removes slash on aliased directory

8. Virtual server.

9. mod_dir to use hostname instead of ServerName (Apache 1.3.27)

10. mod_dir not working as expected with Apache 2

11. Contributing a new mod_dir.c for Apache

12. Apache mod_dir not working. Help?

13. A slash at the end of a non-directory URL