Mod_bandwidth : New 2.0.4 version for Apache 1.3.x

Mod_bandwidth : New 2.0.4 version for Apache 1.3.x

Post by Yann Stettl » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:11:57

Hello,
I just released a new 2.0.4 version of mod_bandwidth for Apache 1.3.x
This version fix one minor bug and add the directive "MaxConnection"
to limit the number of simultanous connections to a given directory/virtual
server.

Current version can be downloaded from our site at :
http://www.cohprog.com/v3/bandwidth/download-en.html

Cheers,
Yann Stettler

Mod_bandwidth : New 2.0.4 version for Apache 1.3.x

Post by johannes m.r » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:49:54

Hello,

Is there any chance to see a mod_bandwidth (or a smiliar module..) for
Windows? (sorry to ask this in the .unix-group)
Thank you!
Regards,
johannes

Mod_bandwidth : New 2.0.4 version for Apache 1.3.x

Post by Yann Stettl » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:07:06

Quote:> Is there any chance to see a mod_bandwidth (or a smiliar module..) for
> Windows?

Hello,
No from me, sorry... (for one thing, I don't have C compiler for
Windows...) But if someone want to try to port it, that would be fine.

Cheers,
Yann Stettler

1. New version of mod_bandwidth

Hello,
I just posted a new version of mod_bandwidth for Apache.
It includes a few minor changes to remove some warning when
compiling, a patch from Sami Kuhmonen that allow the use
of the network/mask format when defining a limit.

There is a new directive (BandWidthPulse) that change the
behaviour of the module : Instead of sending packets of fixed
size (1KB) and waiting a variable amount of time between
each packet, it's now possible to set the time between
each packets and it's their size that change.
This allow for "smoother" flow of data but may generate
more load and traffic as more packets of a smaller size
are generated.

The new version can be downloaded from our website at :
http://www.cohprog.com  (under Apache module)
or by anonymous FTP from : ftp.cohprog.com
in pub/apache/module/1.3.0

Note that this version was tested under Apache 1.3.6
I am not planing to make those change in version of
the module for Apache 1.2

Cheers,
Yann Stettler

PS: I recently noticed that a very very old version of the
module was included in some distribution for Apache. Please,
don't use it : it has bugs... :)

CohProg SaRL                               http://www.cohprog.com/
                              ---**---
Anime and Manga Services                   http://www.animanga.com/

2. Performance of Samba

3. RPM version for Apache 1.3

4. Upgrading Kernel Where is Directory?

5. ATTN Apache Developers: Apache 1.3.x and Binary compatibility

6. nat behind proxy?

7. apache DSO problem (Loaded DSO libexec/mod_mime.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API)

8. No root login on a NEW IBM RISC 6000

9. newbie - apache 1.3 vs apache 2.0 questions

10. rot13 version 1.3

11. ld.so version 1.3

12. The Hoard multiprocessor memory allocator, version 1.3

13. NCSA HTTPD 1.3- two versions, different dates / sizes?