How to tell directory from file in browser

How to tell directory from file in browser

Post by cpiol.. » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm using apache and in the document root directory I have files
and directories. No index.html... was in it.

In web browser, you can't tell the difference between files and directories.
I would like to see a "/" at the end of each directory.
How to do this?

Thanks

Post by Joshua Sliv » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I'm using apache and in the document root directory I have files
> and directories. No index.html... was in it.
> In web browser, you can't tell the difference between files and directories.
> I would like to see a "/" at the end of each directory.
> How to do this?

That's strange.  I get a "/" after directory names, and I get a "folder"
icon before the directory names.  I am using fancyindexing.

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

1. Browser Question (Plug-ins) m-w.com

Hi,

I'm trying to get my netscape and/or konqueror to work with the new
sound feature on the Merriam Webster web site (http://www.m-w.com),
but all I get (in netscape) is the plug-in missing window that
redirects me to the netscape web site, which isn't helpful at all.

Interestingly, if I click on regular links to *wav files, my netscape
interpretes them fine and they get played.

Thanks

Wroot

2. When to add "sortlist" resolver support to gethostbyname(3N) ?

3. video/audio plug-ins for Netscape 4.03 browser

4. Setting up network new to linux

5. How to tell if directory contains files?

6. Xconfigurator & install

7. telling find to ignore 'no such file or directory'

8. streamer problem!

9. why won't my directory with files appear on a browser as a list?

10. KDE file browser: "/" as default directory?

11. Netscape plug-ins, helper files, Acrobat etc.

12. Compare file modification date using tcsh built-ins

13. Could anyone tell me how to convert PDF files to PS files?