access.conf syntax error without a syntax error

access.conf syntax error without a syntax error

Post by Ricardo Murci » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi:

I just compiled Apache 1.3.0 on a RISC/6000 running AIX 4.3.1

After launching httpd I get the following error:

Syntax error on line 23 of /usr/local/http/../access.conf
Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>

I checked the file and looks normal (no unexpected eof or things like
that). I have not modified the access.conf file so I could not have
introduced any syntax errors.

Any clues ? I am totally clueless.

Thanks in advance.

Ricardo

access.conf syntax error without a syntax error

Post by Marc Slemk » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi:
>I just compiled Apache 1.3.0 on a RISC/6000 running AIX 4.3.1
>After launching httpd I get the following error:
>Syntax error on line 23 of /usr/local/http/../access.conf
>Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>
>I checked the file and looks normal (no unexpected eof or things like
>that). I have not modified the access.conf file so I could not have
>introduced any syntax errors.

You are probably compiling using a broken version of IBM's compiler.
Switch to gcc or apply the wokr around mentioned in a PR or two in
the Apache bugdb which you should be able to find pretty easily by
searching.

access.conf syntax error without a syntax error

Post by Ricardo Murci » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

The reference to the bugdb proved quite useful and we are up and
running.

Thanks !!!

Ricardo

> >Hi:

> >I just compiled Apache 1.3.0 on a RISC/6000 running AIX 4.3.1

> >After launching httpd I get the following error:

> >Syntax error on line 23 of /usr/local/http/../access.conf
> >Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>

> >I checked the file and looks normal (no unexpected eof or things like
> >that). I have not modified the access.conf file so I could not have
> >introduced any syntax errors.

> You are probably compiling using a broken version of IBM's compiler.
> Switch to gcc or apply the wokr around mentioned in a PR or two in
> the Apache bugdb which you should be able to find pretty easily by
> searching.

1. inline assembler error - porting Intel syntax to AT&T syntax

// Intel syntax
void x( int *p ) {
  int example;
  __asm {
    mov esi, p
    mov  [ esi ], ebx
    mov [example], eax
   }

I'm porting the code to GCC, but got error

I couldn't access the data which *p points to, and got error like this:
    - error, undefined reference to `p'
I couldn't access varible example, and got error like this:
    - error, undefined  reference to `example'

and no error if it is a global varible

Can someone help me?

2. 8.3 filenames on CDROM

3. APACHE: Syntax error in httpd.conf

4. Problem with IPX under SCO UNIX

5. Q: MkLinux syntax error in bootstrap.conf

6. Installing 0.96c

7. syntax error neat line 11 in file /etc/lilo.conf

8. smtp mail

9. syntax error in silo.conf

10. mem in lilo.conf syntax error

11. syntax error in httpd.conf