Apache directory question

Post by sangu.. » Sun, 09 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I have two servers running, one using NCSA 1.4, the other Apache 0.6.4

the NCSA server automatically forwards

http://www.servername.com/directory

http://www.servername.com/directory/index.html

        but the Apache server only does this if I request

http://www.servername.com/directory/   (note trailing slash)

        How do I configure it so that it will behave the same as the NCSA
server?

        Even better...

        How can I have it look for

        directory/index.html
        directory.html
        directory.htmld/index.html (an actual directory)

Thanks

        Scott

--
- Scott Anguish -

http://www.stepwise.com/ (Stepwise NEXTSTEP/OpenStep Information Server)

1. Apache SSI and <Directory> vs <Directory Match>

I am attempting to have apache process my SSI directives in executable
files (err, XBitHack on)

Apache works as expected, if I set up my directory this way:

<DirectoryMatch /var/www >
    Options  Includes
    AllowOverride None
</DirectoryMatch>

However, if I use this:

<Directory /var/www >
    Options  Includes
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

The server side includes stop working.  I am really confused here.  The
file I am trying to serve is /var/www/test.html.  My root directory is
pointed to /var/www.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks,
jaime

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. swapping + Linux = bad news ?

3. apache 1.3.1;aix4.3;Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>

4. nail/mail resources on the web?

5. Newbie question about apache and acessing home directories

6. network problem w/ SMC Etherpower NIC & RH6.1

7. Apache User Directory question

8. kernel 2.2.1-ac1(2) with qlogic Fibre Channel Driver

9. Newbie question about directory index under Apache web server

10. easy question about directories on apache

11. Simple Question about Location/Directory/DirectoryMatch & AddHandler under Apache 1.3.14

12. Apache API question, directory indexes

13. Apache - directory access (.htaccess ?) question