How can I find out what version of Apache I am currently running?

Post by Ryan Waldr » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>I am a newbie to Apache.  I recently started a new job and acquired a web
>server running Apache web server.  I am wanting to make sure that I am
>running the newest version of Apache.  How can I find out what version I am
>currently running?

Find your httpd binary (perhaps in /usr/local/apache/bin/, for
instance).  Run

$ httpd -v

That should tell you what you need to know.

Mine sez:

/home/rew $ /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -v
Server version: Apache/1.3.4 (Unix)
Server built:   Jan 13 1999 11:54:22

--

C/Linux/Email/Samba/Web guy for rent

"The web goes ever, ever on, down from the site where it began..."

1. (Q) How do I find what version of KDE I am running?

As a matter of interest, how does one tell what version of KDE one is running
(under RedHat-6.2)?
I tried "rpm -qa | fgrep -i kde" but it didn't help greatly.

Also, are there RPMs for KDE-2 under RedHat-6.2
which will work without difficulty?
(I've been put off by the stream of queries in this newsgroup.)

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: 086-233 6090

2. Linux "Unable to read /dev/hdb", my 2nd IDE disk!

3. how do i find out what version of X i am running

4. Interesting problem: ls is 'broken'

5. how do I find out which version of X i am running?

6. Changing SUN's imake install locations: How?

7. how find out what shell i am currently on

8. Sparc NFS (and Samba?) bug fixed yet?

9. How to find the version of make I am running on HP

10. Help how do I know what version of apaches I am running

11. what version of X am I running?

12. what version of dga am I running?

13. What version of Perl am I running?