LDAP-based user authentification with Roxen

LDAP-based user authentification with Roxen

Post by Roland Holzapf » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:08:07

Hello,

I'm using Roxen Webserver-2.1 on Solaris.

I'm looking for an LDAP aware user authentification module, which I can use with
.htaccess files, such as mod_auth_ldap in Apache.

I need a module which replaces userdb or a patched userdb module.

BTW, is Pike LDAP-enabled ?

I know, I could use LDAP PAM on solaris, which would get used with the standard
userdb module, but I want to keep system users and WWW users separated. No system
login for WWW users.

Thanks for hints,
Roland.

LDAP-based user authentification with Roxen

Post by jpetr.. » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:31:52

 Hi Roland,

> Hello,

> I'm using Roxen Webserver-2.1 on Solaris.

> I'm looking for an LDAP aware user authentification module, which I can use with
> .htaccess files, such as mod_auth_ldap in Apache.

simply drop module 'User database' (userdb.pike) and load module
'LDAP directory authorization' (ldapuserauth.pike) which is included
in standard distribution (surpise, isn't it :).

Quote:> I need a module which replaces userdb or a patched userdb module.

> BTW, is Pike LDAP-enabled ?

Yes, the LDAP client Pike module (see lib/modules/Protocols.pmod/LDAP.pmod)
exists from time of Pike 0.6, so Pike 7.0 and 7.1 have the module as well
with enhancements to the basic LDAP v3 operations (mainly for Unicode
support).

use conference system at http://community.roxen.com

/Honza
maintener of LDAP Roxen/Pike implementation

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

LDAP-based user authentification with Roxen

Post by jpetr.. » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:43:08

 Hi Roland,

> Hello,

> I'm using Roxen Webserver-2.1 on Solaris.

> I'm looking for an LDAP aware user authentification module, which I
can use with
> .htaccess files, such as mod_auth_ldap in Apache.

simply drop module 'User database' (userdb.pike) and load module 'LDAP
directory authorization' (ldapuserauth.pike) which is included in
standard distribution (surprise, isn't it :).

Quote:> I need a module which replaces userdb or a patched userdb module.

> BTW, is Pike LDAP-enabled ?

Yes, the LDAP client Pike module (see
lib/modules/Protocols.pmod/LDAP.pmod) exists from time of Pike 0.6, so
Pike 7.0 and 7.1 have the module as well with enhancements to the basic
LDAP v3 operations (mainly for Unicode support).

For futher questions contact Roxen official mailing list

/Honza
maintener of LDAP Roxen/Pike implementation

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Linux user authentification using Lotus Notes LDAP

Hello everybody,

we are using several linux servers (file, communication etc.) here at
present. Now we are going to setup Lotus Notes 5 on Linux for
communication and workflow management.

As we will continue to have certain servers on Linux for some time it
would be very nice to have user authentification just in one place.

What I would like to have is editing users only in the Lotus Notes system

and having all other Linux servers access the Domino user database for
authentification.

Can this be done using Dominos LDAP? Or is there any other chance to have
user authentification just in one place with several Linux boxes and a
Domino server (running on Linux also)?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Frank Wassermann

2. firewall problem

3. CGI/Form based user authentification

4. Solaris 2.5 CDE problem....

5. IBM HTTP Server / Apache v 1.3.12.2: Rewrite rules based on user authentification

6. DEC 21140 doesn't connect to HUP

7. question on ldap/postfix/ease of use for end users regarding ldap

8. Error: Popup 'Games' not defined...

9. Authentification Problem: MS 2000 - Samba - PAM - LDAP

10. Proftpd + Pam authentification on LDAP serve

11. LDAP authentification with solaris9 (debug mode?)

12. AIX LDAP Authentification

13. LDAP with Pam Authentification