CERN 4.0 Lib and HTTPD

Post by Gilbert You » Thu, 28 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Fellow Net Citizens,

        I have been working on getting the CERN proxy service to allow
FTP connections to a site that does not allow PASV FTP connections.
(try ftp://ftp.netcom.com through a CERN proxy server)

        It seems that this problem has been fixed in the 4.0 version of
the library, where the FTP code resides for the W3C projects. I deduced this
by seeing the (big) differences in the FTP code in both libraries and
compiling the LineMode browser (www) with the 4.0 library and VOILA!
(Thats French for "It Worked!").

The only problem is that the 3.0 daemon will not compile with the 4.0
release of the library, it will only compile with version 2.17 of the library.

Is there anyone else aware of this problem or is in the same boat as I
and has found a workaround? Any W3C people out there with suggestions?

        Gil Young

1. CERN httpd: Suppressing CERN Reference on authorization failures

I recently downloaded the CERN httpd Linux binary.

When enabling the security username/password option, I noted that
when an erroneous username or password is entered, the following
message appears:

   ERROR 401
   Unauthorized to access the document
   CERN httpd 3.0 (this is a hotlink to CERN )

How can the reference to CERN be eliminated.

If possible, an email to

Thank you
Ken

2. Q: Matrox Millenium set-up

3. CERN ftp server can't open PASV for CERN httpd 3.0

4. How Not To Load A Module

5. cern-httpd - proxy-cache - httpd.conf WANTED ???!!!

6. strange entries in wtmp

7. translator from CERN httpd configuration rules to Apache httpd conf?

8. Newbie with strange PPP problems

9. CERN HTTPD 3.0 or NCSA HTTPD 1.3?

10. /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux and /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux

11. CERN httpd server and newer kernels???

12. cern httpd compiled??

13. CERN httpd: Multiple Zombies!