Multiple passwords for same user in .htpasswd

Multiple passwords for same user in .htpasswd

Post by Brent Wolfra » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi there,

I'm running a Netscape Commerce Server, but I'm pretty sure this problem
applies to any other type of server using the .htaccess/.htpasswd
authentication scheme.

A user of mine wants to have multiple passwords for the same Username in
the .htpasswd file.  E.g.

userx:X0Jhu93.xjKlM
userx:N9/J3bYuioxlK
userx:yUxukl8sJklwm

What seems to happen, however, is the server only looks for the first
instance of the Username and if the password doesn't match, it will stop
there, ignoring all the other entries.

Is it possible to set up authentication with multiple passwords on the same
username?  In my experience, I see no way to set this up, but if anyone has
come up with some hacked up methed to do it, please let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Windsor Information Network Company, Ltd.

1. user-password file permission of htpasswd - apache

Hi,

I want to provide a web page to allow users to update their password.
The Apache is running on Solaris(unix).

The web site is protected by access.conf, .htaccess., htpasswd with
Apache.

In CGI(perl), we want to use "htpasswd" utility to generate the
username and password store them in a file called "users".

The following is what I tested:
    The file "users" must be group writable to allow Perl CGI to
    call "htpasswd..." to change the password. There is a bad side -
from
    UNIX command line, any group user can manually call "htpasswd..."
    change someone else's password.

Is it possible to call "htpasswd..." in CGI while the file storing
user and
password pairs is writable only to administrator or specific person?

Thanks
Jimmy

2. Proaudio Spectrum 16 SCSI?

3. Making htpasswd=user's password

4. Module dependancies

5. help: NCSA httpd + htpasswd + user change password ...

6. My FreeBSD 2.2.8. crashed.

7. Fastest way to enter 1400+ user/passwords via htpasswd!

8. RH6.2: how to mount ATAPI ZIP drive automatically at startup?

9. User and passwords accross multiple boxes

10. Multiple passwords with user authentication?

11. Creating passwords for multiple users

12. passwd changes multiple users' passwords

13. Multiple user name password script