CERN httpd: Suppressing CERN Reference on authorization failures

CERN httpd: Suppressing CERN Reference on authorization failures

Post by Connect Northwest Custom » Mon, 29 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I recently downloaded the CERN httpd Linux binary.

When enabling the security username/password option, I noted that
when an erroneous username or password is entered, the following
message appears:

   ERROR 401
   Unauthorized to access the document
   CERN httpd 3.0 (this is a hotlink to CERN )

How can the reference to CERN be eliminated.

If possible, an email to

Thank you
Ken

--

Yep.  You will have to edit the file HTDaemon.c (under /Daemon/Implementation).
The references are made at about lines 1019 and 1167.

If you're tricky you could replace it with code to read from a file so you
don't have to recompile it everytime you want to change the error message.

Just thought I'd post it here for the benefit of everyone.

-Andrew

"Time is an illusion...created by the way we look at space." - Douglas Adams

CERN httpd: Suppressing CERN Reference on authorization failures

Post by Vaclav Sklena » Fri, 02 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Some new servers allows you to say what will appear when and error occurs.
If this feature isn't included in CERN httpd, the only soution will be
remove line with this message from source code of server, recompile and run.

                          Vaclav Sklenar

1. CERN ftp server can't open PASV for CERN httpd 3.0

    Hello

    Could you help me ?
  I am running CERN proxy httpd 3.0 libwww 2.17 on IRIX 4.0.5.
  When I attempt to retrive files from cern ftp ftp://ftp.w3.org/pub/src/
  using Mosaic   I get the message "530 Can't open passive connection".
  But from other ftp servers, for example ftp://ftp.telebit.com I don't
  get such a message and everything is OK. May be I have configured my
  httpd.conf not correctly ? Or something else ?

   Regards

|                                                                 |
| St. Petersburg's                   http://www.pnpi.spb.ru/      |
| Nuclear Phisics Institute                                       |
| Russia                                                          |

2. Strange System clock error

3. user authorization w/Cern httpd

4. Problem with "Neighbour table overflow"

5. Can't get CERN httpd 3.0 Authorization (passwd) to work!

6. mouse unstable after XF86Setup - how fix??

7. Cern httpd 3.? : Problem using authorisation

8. rm file called "-"

9. cern-httpd - proxy-cache - httpd.conf WANTED ???!!!

10. translator from CERN httpd configuration rules to Apache httpd conf?

11. CERN HTTPD 3.0 or NCSA HTTPD 1.3?

12. Mapping CERN Exec directives to Apache ScriptAlias; CERN Redirect to RewriteRule

13. Cern Access Authorization