1. Server Side Includes with User Authorization (NCSA AuthUserFile)
I've not been able to get individual authorization (AuthUserFile) to work
_in combination with_ server side includes. Separately, each work
fine, but when used together, after I respond to the authorization
dialogs, I get a File Selection Box prompting me to "Save As (type
text/x-server-parsed-html", rather than to display it in my browser.
(If I do save the file, it is the correct HTML file.)
I really would appreciate help with this.
Details follow. This server is pretty much vanilla with respect to
config files other than what I've mentioned.
NCSA httpd 1.4
htpasswd from version httpd _1.3_
Netscape 1.1b3 and Mosaic 2.4 (same results)
AuthName By Password
require user someUserName
srm.conf: (Note we use ".html" rather than ".shtml" for SSI.)
# If you want to use server side includes, or CGI outside
# ScriptAliased directories, uncomment the following lines.
AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .html
myHost - someUserName [02/Jun/1995:19:35:29 -0400] "GET /some/subdir/of/our/DOCROOT/file.html HTTP/1.0" 200 4601
error_log: contains nothing related to this.
- Motif FAQ maintainer ftp://ftp.cen.com/pub/Motif-FAQ
- MW3: Motif on the World Wide Web http://www.cen.com/mw3/
- Century Computing, Inc. http://www.cen.com/
2. setitimer, sleep and SIGALRM
3. Question on NCSA httpd's authorization
4. Commanche - How to set back to instal state
5. NCSA httpd authorization help
6. GDI and WPS printers
7. Can apache/stronghold log when a user 'click outs' of your site?
8. Idle Shell killing script? Anyone have one?
9. Fine-grained user authorization
10. User based access authorization on proxy server
11. User Authorization Problem
12. MMDF per-user authorization?
13. QPOP hangs on user authorization