Apache 1.2.6 Problem ...

Post by Ashle » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a relatively serious problem with my apache 1.2.6 installation

If I try and get http://10.10.10.10/

I get "The document contained no data. Try again later or contact the
server's administrator"

In the error.log I get:

[Sun Jan 24 19:10:07 1999] httpd: caught SIGSEGV, attempting to dump
core in /usr/local/apache_1.2.6

however, if I specify a file, then there is no problem ... now while
this indicates that there is a problem with the DirectoryIndex command,
I don't know.

Anybody got any ideas ...

(PS: before there are suggestions to move to 1.3.x, we use Coldfusion,
which is not compatable with SSLeay (or mod_ssl) for apache 1.3.3 to
unfortunately, I am stuck with 1.2.6 :(

Ashley

[...]

1. Apache 1.3b3 CGI problem with graphics?

We want to change servers from M$oft IIS to Apache 1.3 for NT. However in
testing all our existing sites, I've come across a weird problem I can't
solve.

We have several .exe CGI programs for doing remote maintenance of our
servers. They serve HTML pages from a directory below the executable. In
other words if the URL is

  http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/serveradmin.exe

and serveradmin.exe is in s:/web/cgi-bin (we using a virtual host for these
with the pages on a secured partition) the HTML page returned is in
s:/web/cgi-bin/html

This work fine under IIS, Netscape, Website etc. But under Apache the HTML
page is displayed without any graphics and the error log states

[Sun Jan 25 18:12:24 1998] [error] (8)Exec format error: couldn't spawn
child process: s:/web/cgi-bin/html/img/veriseal2.gif

Why is Apache trying to execute a graphic? Especially one which is a known
MIME type?

Is there a switch I can't find in the docs which will overcome this? We're
selling these executables to other webmasters so I want them to work the
same way with all web servers.

BTW the pages work fine if they are moved to the document root.

2. EIDE - remapping bad tracks - how?

3. Bizzaro Apache 1.0.3 problem

4. video problem

5. Apache/IE (Win) auth problem

6. Apache+ mod_ssl build problems

7. Apache proxy plus https problem

8. I try to convert a Linux server at Web Server

9. Apache and image cache problem

10. apache 1.3.3 problems : newbie

11. Apache and Trustwise authentication problem

12. Apache 1.2.5 problem; sends text to Nav4.0

13. apache 1.3.26 problem