Howto rewrite HTTP response headers with Apache?

Howto rewrite HTTP response headers with Apache?

Post by Shreyas Saranga » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I'm using Stronghold/ Apache as a proxy server and need to modify
"Set-Cookie:" in the Response header.

Does Stronghold/Apache allow for the  rewrite of HTTP *Response* headers?
If so, how?

The documentation seems to suggest that mod_rewrite is used only for HTTP
(including headers ) originating from a browser.

Thanks,
-Shreyas

Gates' Law: The speed of software halves every 18 months.

1. Apache 2.0 howto write my own http-header

Hello,

  Can anyone help me with the following problem:

    We have this Netscape Fasttrack 3.02 module which must be ported to Apache
2.0 (for i assume obvious reasons). Now i got most of it working but:
this module writes the content it generates to the client itself and thus
also writes it's own http-header.

        Is there a way (using the C-api, but if anyone has a Perl-example it is
of course also welcome!)  to prevent Apache from writing the header?
        I know it is possible to modify the headers (by setting the values in the
'headers_out') , but that would mean a large rewrite of the module and if
i understand it correct, 'ap_send_http_header(r)' is oly included in 2.0
to maintain compatibility with 1.3?

        Tanx in advance,

                Iggy

2. KDE video resolution.. help!

3. How to add a http header using .htaccess for apache http server under windows environment

4. COLA FAQ 1 of 7 16-Nov-2002

5. rewrite rule with proxy, http headers

6. Solaris and firewal question-Please read

7. how to rewrite an request header in Apache?

8. aha1510 in RedHat 5.0

9. Apache 1.2b3 & Location response header

10. Apache 1.3.20: ap_send_http_header() sends Content-Type header when response contains no body

11. Response Headers on Apache

12. inconsistencies in header responses using Apache 2.0.35 on Windows 2000 and Solaris 8

13. Apache 1.3.x: What headers are added just before response is sent?